“Exceptional Sushi”

Ranked #220 of 10,965 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 18 October 2017

The absolute best sushi there is. Sushi is not my go-to meal, but friends introduced me to Chiba, and I never visit L.A. without a stop to see Shig and the team at Chiba. The food and the service are beyond excellent.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Great new location, ample parking, same friendly valet guy, same wonderful food. Would eat there every day if I could. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Was a regular at the original Chiba years ago and this was my first time here. Wow. What I've been missing. This place can make a sushi cynic a believer. Too many cut rolls for the six in our party to describe...all delicious. My albacore sashimi was outstanding...so tender. My wife's choice of black cod marinated in miso sauce
was another winner. We always hear about those wonderful sushi joints along Ventura blvd. Well, Chiba definitely can give them strong competition. And, unlike those other places, Chiba has its own parking lot!

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Really one of the best sushi bars in town the fish is so fresh so many varieties the sushi chef was amazing and so talented sitting on the bar is highly recommended for this type of food truly a fantastic place in NoHo

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Had dinner here on a recent Sunday. At 5:02 pm there were already people at the door waiting for them to open. At 6:30 when we left, the line was practically out the door. The service was great throughout - friendly, helpful and patient. Our water was regularly refilled and plates cleaned quickly. I ordered the Jyo chirashi sushi and it was fantastic. Lots of fish and other goodies like salmon roe, sea urchin and sweet egg. Unlike some places that put a seaweed and sesame seed topping as a garnish, they put it between the bottom rice layer and fish layer so it was spread evenly. The menu is extensive and includes many traditional dishes. The food presentation isn't impressive but the taste is solid. Big parking lot but gets filled.