“Classy Venice Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Classy Venice Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Hotel Erwin was one of my little splurges on my last trip in SoCal...my boyfriend and I were looking forward to a boutique eclectic style experience & Hotel Erwin did not disappoint. During our stay, the hotel was undergoing some renovations however, we were not inconvenienced what so ever & the $10 restaurant vouchers in exchange for the disturbance made up for it. The service at this hotel was exceptional; Anderson the Valet was a gem. He catered to all our needs and went way beyond the duties of his job title. We also had a chance to try their new restaurant which was slightly pricey for breakfast but the choices were so interesting & yummy we didn't really care when the bill came! Another fun feature of the hotel is the rooftop deck with the cozy couches and a perfect view of Venice Beach!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
scastady, Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Sembriaco,

Thank you so much for posting a review to share with everyone here on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate it. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and i will be sure to pass along all the great comments to the entire team including Anderson.

It's great you had a chance to try our new restaurant Barlo. The food in there is amazing and i try to eat there often. Next time the SoCal Skillet if you didn’t this time, its the best!!

At Joie de Vivre we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing Hotel Erwin for your trip to Venice Beach. Should you return to Venice in the future I sincerely hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to show you our dedication to our guests and service.

Best,
Sean Castady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Well, another amazing stay at Hotel Erwin last month when I needed to be in LA for work - the staff is incredible. The GM Ben is the nicest guy as well for special needs or requests. But honestly from valet to front desk to the maid-service you can't get a bad service at this place. I am headed back down at the end of this month and this time bringing people to entertain there. With great food, the rooftop deck, the beach you can be there for work, pleasure, a romantic weekend - it is all worth it!

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the partial or full ocean views - it is worth it!
2 Thank Clare M
Dear Clare M,

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Erwin, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.

The hotel staff was pleased to hear the positive feedback you had about the hotel and I am glad to see you enjoyed you stay once again. The staff all knows you and we love to have you on propertry. We look forward to seeing you later this month.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

A very classy hotel just steps from the freak show of the Venice Beach strip. We were upgraded to a suite which was fantastically huge, modern, and comfortable. The rooftop bar is fabulous and affords great views. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with view/partial view of the beach. Higher rooms are best although you don't wan...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Dear Martamom,

The hotel staff was pleased to hear the positive feedback you had about the hotel and I am glad to see you enjoyed your suite. I am happy to hear you ate at Barlo, I make it a point to eat there at least once a week becuase the food is so amazing.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I had a fabulous happy hour work event at Hotel Erwin’s High. We had an amazing view of all Venice, and great drinks. With the excellent help of the sales team, and Mina specifically, the event was a huge success.

Dear Jenn_M3112,

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Erwin and High Rooftop Lounge, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property.

The hotel staff was pleased to hear the positive feedback you had about the hotel and I am glad to see you enjoyed the High Rooftop louugne as well. The view from the rooftop is the best part of my day.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I love this place! Hotel Erwin is right in the heart of Venice beach, making it such a fun & unique location. I've been here quite a few times during the Venice art crawl, and recently planned a work get-together at their rooftop lounge. If you are looking to throw a party/event, ask for Mina, the sales/events coordinator. She is super friendly & extremely helpful. The rooftop food was amazing (the sliders & the quesadillas rocked my world). I will definitely be back.

Dear LadyWestside329,

The hotel staff was pleased to hear the positive feedback you had about the hotel and I am glad to see you enjoyed the High Rooftop louugne as well. We really appreciate the fact that you shared your positive experience with us and everyone else. I agree, the Sliders and Quesadilla's rock my world as well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Santa Monica
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
#1 of 36 in Santa Monica

Been to Hotel Erwin? Share your experiences!