Lock in great prices from these sites
Destinia.com
Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

This is definitely not 4 star accommodation! We booked online after a hurried decision on where to stay when our original hotel was cancelled without us knowing... As soon as we walked into reception I knew it was a mistake - the "reception" was 2 desks in what looked like a storage room / kitchen, it was dirty with old torn furniture & the cleaning staff were having a tea break just behind the reception area. The bookings fellow was rude & not helpful. Our apartment was modern but the furnishings were not in great condition - the sofa had thread pulls, the mattress was hard & furniture was chipped. It was quite loud with street noise & we could hear the person above us thumping about. The blinds were not block out, so we were woken every morning when the sun came up. My husband was bitten by something through the night & I don't even want to consider what caused this.... The area was dodgy & I was concerned walking around that area at night.... Big waste of money & not a good experience of LA at all!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyM1817
Reviewed 2 July 2016

What a trip it was, I came out to Los Angeles for Anime Expo and thought that this would be a great place to stay given it's location. After traveling I came back to my room and promptly fell asleep. I woke up early the next day to get ready for the convention when I noticed something moving in my bed, you guessed it. Bedbugs! I immediately went down to the front desk to get help and she tried to do what she could since management was being slow. I was given a new room to move my stuff into (I took all the contaminated clothing and threw it out). Meanwhile at the convention I booked a stay at a different hotel and promptly went to check out demanding a full refund. I was told I need to wait until Monday to hear a verdict about getting a refund for the bedbug infested night I stayed. If I could give this place a 0 I would.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
8  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Positives...
Great location. Walked safely to LA Live and Staples/Convention Center. Apartment was huge with lots of windows and tons of closet space. Nicely maintained facilities with inside lounges, fitness center and multiple outside patios with BBQs, pool and jacuzzi. Rooftop patio was very large with nice furniture, BBQs and BIG screen TV. Felt very secure with closed garage and keyfob access to elevators and rooms. Front desk staffed 24 hrs. Apt. had most of the things we needed from iron, blow dryer to rollaway bed and kitchen utensils.
Things to Expect...
Check-in a bit complicated with initial key pickup on Flower St, parking access in an alley around the corner and general apartment access one block over on Figueroa St. Apt. 411 is in need of a paint job and smelled like old grandmother's house due to AC not working upon arrival. Maintenance guy came quickly to replace AC control panel and brought some Fabreeze. AC vent intakes were caked with dust so that was part of the problem. There is MAJOR new construction right next door so likely loud in the daytime (we were only there at night and surprisingly quiet for LA).

Room tip: ask about nearby construction
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean R, Public Relations Manager at Ginosi FiGaro Apartel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our apartment and facilities. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by the faulty AC, It's great to hear that maintenance was speedy. We hope to host you again as a return guest.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

We were in Los Angeles for Kobe Bryant's last game with the lakers. Decided on a two room suite here because it was footsteps away from the staples center. Upon arriving we found our suite in conditions not consistent with the star rating given. Not only was there black stains all over the white walls there was also a big black stain on the couch. We also found old blood in the tub. It was disgusting to say the least. There was a pre-charged $160 cleaning fee on top of the booking, but came to find the place not clean! Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank pauliev357
Sean R, Public Relations Manager at Ginosi FiGaro Apartel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

I am sorry that our room did not live up to the standards we set for ourselves. Our QA team is already investigating what happened and why the room wasn't clean. The blood in particular is especially unacceptable and not typical of the product we strive the provide.

The cleaning fee is in reality called an apartment service fee, that covers the extra costs of cleaning, maintenance, utilities, and services the apartment requires.

Again, I'm sorry that the apartment lacked the cleanliness and presentation we strive for, but we are glad that you were able to stay close to the Staples Center to witness what couldn't have been a better way for Kobe to finish his career.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

This place is a scam. They threw in an "extra person" charge even though our reservation said the cost included any extra person charges. We notified the management more than once and received no reply. We are now contacting the Better Business Bureau. Stay away from Ginosi!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Laurie,

I am sorry about the misunderstanding regarding the extra person fee. Our rates for the apartment you rented are expected to be for two people on our OTA partner sites. It is stated clearly in your confirmation email that the reservation was for two people. Our staff merely acted as instructed in charging for the third person.

We are currently working with our partners to get this listed more clearly to avoid situations like this.