All reviewsestela estradathe club loungeclose to the airportspg membercorner suitefree shuttle to the airportself parkingshuttle servicecentury blvdoutdoor poolnice rooman early flightper daymanhattan beachshort stayking bedsanta monica
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

It was a good quick trip. The remodel is nice. There is an old musty smell on the 15th floor. The Sheraton club was nice to have as an amenity so appreciated that. Once arrived in room was over by windows. Then heard loud crash and glass break. The picture that was over the toilet flew across the bathroom and shattered into many pieces, after the neighbor door slammed shut. Good thing I wasn’t in the bathroom at the time. I opened door and grabbed a housekeeper who cleaned it up. I found more glass on the floor afterwards. I called to front desk to advise and the person answering phone didn’t seem to care. All in all good for the quick trip

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for letting us know about the highlights of your visit, as well as the areas that we can improve upon. We can understand how startling this must have been when the picture fell from the wall and we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that resulted. I would like to assure you that the issues you've mentioned have not gone unnoticed. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your point of view and we hope you'll give us an opportunity to win back your trust on a future stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Been coming here for years, practically my home away from home when I travel. My favorite crew is the day to day AM/PM staff in the lounge who is a 5 Star for service, friendliness and overall vibe.

However - Was disappointed to see the 15th floor lounge re-arranged in a way that makes it inconvenient for dining. Guests like me with access to the club lounge enjoy the breakfast and the evening appetizers. The way the lounge has been re-arranged, I’m guessing it was redesigned by someone at Sheraton Gateway who doesn’t spend enough time in the lounge on a weekly basis to understand what is comfortable when eating. Why take all the tables out and put it on one side of the room? Were you trying to re-create a cafeteria or mess hall vibe? The other side of the room is placed with chairs and little tables —- I hate sitting in there now - please put it back to the way it was.

Also, guests, stir clear of the evening supervisor at registration name Jose. Had an encounter with him 3x now on two separate occasions in the span of two months where his go-to solution is “move to another hotel”. Not representative of the wonderful staff who you’ll generally encounter here at Sheraton Gateway.

My three-stars is for the club floor and the Registration desk experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

We are honored to be your home away from home and truly appreciate the kind words that you've shared for our staff. It is regrettable to learn that your stay was not as you had anticipated and we are grateful that you've taken the time to share your perspective with us. Your feedback regarding our lounge area will be discussed with our team to look into the possible improvements that we can make. With eagerness to exceed your expectations, we do hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

First of all I like to think George (Desk Manager) for giving us a speedy check in at 130am.

He was very professional even after we decided to switch rooms at 2am due to a crying infant next door.

I was truly impressed by this hotel.

The hotel had recently gone through a renovation and the lobby and common areas are all very modern.

My room had the most comfortable and plush bedding ever, almost to point where we had to force ourselves to get up.

The Starbucks in the lobby was a welcoming site.

Getting to the hotel is very simple being located right outside of LAX. Venice Beach is all of 15 minutes while The Hollywood Sign and the Walk of Fame are 30 minutes away.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!
Unless you are traveling to Southern California there are no toll booths. So save yourself some cash at the car rental and skip the toll pass plates they're offering.

I will be staying here again on my second LAX trip coming soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

It was our pleasure to welcome you to Los Angeles, Christopher. We’re so glad you took the time to craft a thoughtful review about your experience. As you have observed, our attentive and diligent team is committed to your complete satisfaction, and our luxurious accommodations are just the thing to refresh after traveling. For your convenience, we are situated close to LAX as well many of the area’s exciting attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel for another five-star stay.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We have stayed here four times and enjoyed our stay. The rooms are clean and nicely designed, the noise level is a bit high but that is to be expected. If you want quiet, ask for a room in the front of the hotel away from the pool.

I was charged $49.50 for valet service after parking a block away for $17.50. In order to rectify this, I had to call three times, get disconnected and go back and find my confirmation number. I feel that I will probably stay elsewhere next time.

After speaking with accounting, I get the feeling this happens frequently. I hope they fix this situation and others are not inadvertently charged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back and not to be charged extra for parking
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. Your continued patronage is much appreciated, and we hope you will consider a return visit so we can continue to offer the refreshing experience you have come to expect from us. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further, so we can ensure your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We stayed here for one afternoon and night at the end of a five-day trip away to LA and Vegas.

The hotel was well maintained with amenities that fitted the bill. The pool and spa were great and didn't have too many people occupying it at the time. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Rooms sizes were good with very comfortable beds. Breakfast that was included in our deal was excellent in the morning. Lots to choose from with extremely friendly table service even though it was a buffet.

Hint: Make sure you check what WIFI, if any, is included in your booking. We ignored this on booking and found that we only had reception/foyer WIFI access which was a little bit frustrating. Additional price for WIFI wasn't too bad though.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
SheratonGatewayLAX, General Manager at Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

We’re delighted that you stayed with us to conclude your vacation, Kyle. I’m pleased to know that we offered everything you and your party needed to rest and refresh. I apologize if you did not have the internet access you expected, but I’m glad we were able to meet your needs. We hope to see you again at the Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel next time you’re in the area.