Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
laguna hills
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I love the Kimpton Brand. Ever since our first stay at the Epic, a Kimpton brand hotel in Miami, we try to only stay at Kimptons. Hotel Palomar is nicely decorated w/ red and black, the rooms are clean, bathrooms are nicely sized and well decorated, and the location is nice. I guess I've set my standards pretty high since staying at the Epic, so maybe expectations are unrealistic. There wasn't anything negative about this hotel. The staff was really nice and the stay was comfortable. I guess I just feel that this hotel was nice but not amazing.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Nadia,

I'm delighted about all the great things you had to say about our hotel but slightly bummed (due to my competitive nature) that your experience didn't quite stack up to the Epic.

I hope it's due to their awesome resort sitting on some of the bluest waters on earth but if there's something I'm missing I would humbly request some additional insight so we can make sure we're doing all we can to deliver on your highest of expectations!

All the best,

Albert Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The best I can say is that the hotel room was very comfortable (we stayed in the spa-suite). However, the service not so much. The first two days there was no hot water and I had to call the front desk to inform them. They fixed it within an hour but the same night..same thing. They send another engineer to the room and fixed it. Very inconvenient. The food from room service is not good at all. There was a big water stain on the couch in the room. And after all was said and done, not even ONE complimentary breakfast...they just replied: 'we will inform the management' - guess that is a talking point they were trained to say, and often.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SShar725
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Dear Sshar725,

I am so sorry, it sounds like we really blew it! We did have some issues with our boilers which required some major repair. As for room service, we have completely redone the menu and have made wonderful improvements to our offerings.

I'd love to talk to you about taking care of some breakfast for you as well some additional ways we would like to say "we're sorry."

I would like to invite you to contact me the next time you make plans to visit Los Angeles so I can personally handle your accommodations!

Best Regards,

West Hollywood, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I booked an overnight stay at Hotel Palomar LA for a romantic Valentines weekend and the staff at the hotel were more than accommodating and attentive. I had reached out to the Concierge, Hami, for some special requests and they were fulfilled to perfection by him and his staff. Not only did they help me make the weekend extra special, but they also upgraded my room because they recognized it was a special occasion.

My entire experience at the hotel was most pleasant, from the friendly and attentive valet staff to the front desk and service from BLVD 16 their in-house restaurant.

The room was very well kept and clean, spacious and a pleasure to stay in. The hotel itself was decorated in a modern style that reminded me of Ian Schrager hotel designs.

This past visit just reinforces my loyalty to the Kimpton group of hotels. I'd recommend the Hotel Palomar to anyone who is looking for a central location in the Westwood area.

Room Tip: Call the Concierge directly to book your room, they can often times assist you with selecting the pr...
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Stayed there for 6 nights in early February, and I could not find a fault with this Hotel, its comfy, its plush, its upmarket without being snobby, the food is good, the rooms are great, the facilities excellent, including a great outdoor heated pool with seating area and log fire, the wine hour and early morning coffee in the lobby are nice touches, the live music on a Thursday evening was outstanding, the beds are comfy, the toilets are clean and modern, the TV in the room was an excellent size with a good choice of channels, I find it hard that anyone would be unhappy after staying here.

But, the thing that makes this Hotel stand out from any other I have stayed at was the Staff, from the door people, the reception staff, the waiting staff, the bar staff, the cleaners, room maids,to the maintanence people, all frinedly, polite. nothing was too much trouble, all prepared to go the extra mile to make the guests feel at home and comfortable, they are a credit to Kimpton and indeed to LA.

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough, it really made our stay in LA fantastic.

Room Tip: I liked the front room to watch the world go by, but the rooms at the back are quieter and have a gr...
4 Thank stugrmi
Chamho, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Los Angeles Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Stugrmi,

Reading your review was such a delight, thank you! I really appreciate hearing that our employees made the difference during your six night stay. This is what separates us from every other boutique hotel in Los Angeles and why Kimpton made #16 on Fortune's Best Places to Work List!

We hope to have you back again soon and please feel free to contact me directly if I can help with any special requests you may have.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

What I expect from a Kimpton property, and that's a good thing. Staff friendly and efficient. Accommodations nicely designed and clean. Evening wine reception was appreciated, as well as morning beverage service in the lobby. We avoided the valet parking cost by finding street parking a block away, but pay close attention to neighborhood parking signs. We didn't take advantage of restaurant/bar, so can't comment. The pool area was quite nice, but it would have been nicer if there was a fire in the fireplace so we could enjoy our wine outside.

In my experiences, Kimpton doesn't disappoint, so the Palomar Los Angeles will keep a place on my LA options.

Room Tip: My room faced Wilshire, so some traffic noise. It may be more peaceful to have room that looks out b...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hello Windycitybill,

Thank you for your loyalty to Kimpton and thank you for highlighting the friendliness and cleanliness our staff works so hard at delivering!

It's cold in Chi Town so please come and stay with us anytime you're in the mood to warm up a bit.

I hope to see you soon...

Best regards,