All reviews beverly hills backyard restaurant spectacular suite stk restaurant front desk w insider bliss spa ucla campus westwood village cool vibe spg member pool area living room trendy hotel valet guys upgraded to a suite favorite hotel
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We eloped to LA and wanted to stay at a cool hotel in a good location before and after our wedding. I had stayed in W Hotels before on the east coast always with great experiences and the W LA - W Beverly Hills did not disappoint!

I phoned ahead to see if they could do anything as it was a special occasion for us and a lady called Barbara (a W Insider :-)!) replied. She was wonderful, friendly and helpful. When we arrived there was a lovely personalized hand written congratulations card and a bottle of bubbly chilling!

What a great start to our trip and confirmation of the great brand and experience that staying at a W hotel is! Thank you so much!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James W, General Manager at W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your special occasion. I'm glad to hear that Barbara took great care of you and I'll be sure to share your kind words with her. We've also emailed you a survey so you can share more about your stay. Please take a moment to share your experience if you haven't already. We'll be here when you're ready to come back. Visit anytime.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was here with my two teens and their friend for Spring Break. Checkin was quick and painless. Service was excellent - especially given the tendency for lots of ego in this neck of the woods. I saw one such ego in front of me at check in and the staff was quick to manage them and even made them feel special. I thought they were special in a different way....my kids were upgraded to a suite and it was great forth. Pool was nice and breakfast amazon the next morning. Moses who was our waited was one of the nicest and most pleasant people I have ever met. We ended up talking for quite sometime and I couldn't help but give him a big tip. Especially after he did the extra research to ensure we had our maximum breakfast credit for three rooms which was twice as big as I thought it would be. Service was excellent. Don't know how Davdan143 has such a bad time at this hotel. Ask fro Moses next time and you will be happier!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and Moses took great care of you while dining at The Hideout. We've also emailed you a survey so you can share more about your stay. Please take a moment to share your experience if you haven't already. We'll be here when you're ready to come back. Visit anytime.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We have stayed at the W over the last 3 years while visiting our son who is attending UCLA. We have also stayed at various other hotels in the area, but the W stands out for customer service and convenience to the campus. There is a really fun vibe and all of the employees are super friendly. The pool and bars are nice for relaxing. Our room was well appointed and we love the Bliss bath products! Anytime we have called for something needed, employees are prompt and courteous. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello bjean,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed staying with us over the years to visit your son while he's attending UCLA. We've also emailed you a survey so you can share more about your stay. Please take a moment to share your experience if you haven't already. We'll be here when you're ready to come back. Visit anytime.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

If you read all my reviews you will see, I am always away and try to stay at top notch hotels (Ritz, Waldorf) etc...

From the minute I checked in and the young lady in training couldn’t get my check in done correctly, and I had to wait for her to find help (10-15 min) I knew it was going to be a long 5 days here.....

This W, lacks one big thing
Customer Service..... once you check in they could care less about you or your needs.

I am still here, leaving tomorrow and I actually can not wait to leave. Nor will I ever return. I am writing this post to help my fellow TripAdvisors....stay away from here. Spend you’re money elsewhere
There are many many places to spend the $800 a night I am spending here.

The Waldorf down the road, or the Loews Santa Monica (15 min) away

JW also 15 min away

I’ve been to them all and have never posted a bad review on them...
My fault for trying the W.....

Poor services over all.....

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
James W, General Manager at W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hello davdan143,

Thank you for taking the time to review W Los Angeles. I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment. We strive to exceed expectations 24/7 and take complaints seriously. Please contact me at james.wroblewski@whotels.com to discuss the issue further. We value your feedback and will do whatever we can to make it up to you.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The hotel is well priced for the area and the sandard that W offers. The front desk agent (Brandon?) did an excellent job assisting with all the requests I had during the stay.
The rooms are gorgeous and the beds are one of the most comfortable i have tried (nothing tops Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed).
The bar was the only disappointment: From a W, in Beverly Hills, i expect much much more! The bartenders were nice but the bar way too small and empty!!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello TheMightyReviewer,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the talent you mentioned made your stay even more enjoyable. We've also emailed you a survey so you can share more about your stay. Please take a moment to share your experience if you haven't already. We'll be here when you're ready to come back. Visit anytime.