Just checked in last night, and decided to stay another night.
I have probably stayed at this hotel 30 times over the past 7 years or so. THis hotel was formerly a Park Hyatt, and has changed very little since the conversion to Intercontinental a few years ago.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean. Beds are awesome. The decor is a bit dated though, being much the same as when then i first stayed here many years ago. There seems to be a clash of styles between the VERY traditional feel of the hotel rooms and suites....and the more contemporary decor updates (cheap) that were added to the lobby and exterior a couple years ago. Leaves me wondering what this hotel is trying to be???
LED wall washers behind the front desk change the color of the back wall like a "W" property of similar. Doesnt fit with the rest of the hotel. Other visual clashes make less sense. Intercontinental usually has a more seamless design......
Pool has a nice, large deck...although again could use a bit of updating. Seems a bit 80's, as does the gym. Again, everything is clean....works well... but it is dated.
Restaurant was fine for breakfast....great. Thats the only thing i tried there, as there are SO many wonderful dining options outside.
The location is great, almost residential. Just south of Century City on Avenue of the Stars...the Mall is a short walk on a nice day. Great proximity to Beverly Hills and all Highways. Quiet.
I was not so impressed with the Concierge, as he seemed a bit rushed, and gruff. The hotel has a car that will take you anywhere in close proximity of the hotel, and i inquired yesterday morning to use the car to head to Beverly Hills. I called downstairs to ask the Concierge about using the car at 9:30 yesterday morning. I was told "Car Service begins at 10:00". OK....i proceeded to ask how i reserve the car: "Car Service starts at 10:00" and is 'first come first serve". Where do i meet, or inquire" "Car service starts at 10:00....in the lobby". OK, i got it. He was short, gruff....and i wanted to shout " I got (expletive omitted)...the car service starts at 10:00, I'm not stupid." I bit my tongue not to rip his head off verbally. I really was not impressed with the concierge then, or later when i when to get the car. Again, he probably had a tough morning.....we all do.
In short, i like this hotel...but i dont LOVE it, and i usually LOVE intercontinental.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, IHG, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental