“Deal with the Deals..”

Valley Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #266 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Family of 2 and 2 children on our Christmas vacation.. Great deal on hotels.com. Loved the location since I had no intentions of walking anywhere. Del Taco, gas station, mom and pop stores right across the street. Just up the block, grocery store, CVS, etc. Very close to freeway access. About 15 min drive to Universal Studios and Hollywood walk of fame. Hotel could use a face lift and modern decor. Its a 2-story hotel with no elevators. But I preferred to be on the 2nd floor because of the balcony. I felt safer considering the bottom level room lanais were open to parking lot. Ample free parking. Room was quite spacious and odorless. Could use pillow top beds and new (flat screen) tv. Stains on drapes and slow drainage in tub. *There was a bottel cap opener attached to wall next to tub.. Hmmm?? Speaks for itself. LOL! The free breakfast buffet was better than most. DIY waffles, cereals, boiled eggs. Enough to start the morning! The indian man at front desk was very helpful, cant say the same for the others. The girls should at the least smile.. Life cant be that bad, right? I would like to suggest a printer for the "business office" (one pc in lobby). Hotel also provided 24 hr use of microwave in lobby, as well as hot coffee/tea. Will recommend to stay for the budget traveler!

Room Tip: Worth to ask if they have renovated rooms?!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 September 2011

My family, 10 year old kid and husband, stayed in Vallye inn & conference center in Mission Hills for 3 weeks august 2011! We planned to stay for only 3 days and move around the LA area, but due to the cool pool and good location to explore the city we stayed for our whole vacation. The room is a little bit run down but clean and good size for 3 person. The room facing pool is quiet, on fridays and saturdays there is lots of people by the pool though, but they close the pool at 10 pm and after that it is very quiet. There is quite good continental breakfast but at weekends when the hotel was fully booked they run out of the most at breakfast, lacking eggs, toast, no fruit and so on. The kids loves the waffel machine you get warm fresch ones every morning. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel should remove the wall to wall carpets in the rooms and the lobby and change the run down sofas in the lobby and this would give the whole hotel a huge lift. The wall to wall carpets upstairs smell cat pee sometimes. This is not a luxury hotel but for this price this gives very good value for the money. the area around is not so nice, I wouldn´t take a walk in the area even during the daytime, but you have some simple restaurants around to get take away food and 2 food markets close by to get some drinks to your fridge and enjoy the sunset on the balcony. The best thing with the hotel is the pool and the friedly staff. It´s nice to get back to hotel after dusty sightseeing and take a swim in the pool in the evenings. The Garden area around the pool is nice with all the flowers and birds. We were often sleeping with the door open and heard the mornings birds. There is free wireless in the rooms and free parking giving added value. For those not having an own laptop you have a computer outside the reception to borrow.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the pool, the second level gives you a nice pool view, the view is much nic...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NinaPia
Reviewed 29 August 2011

great pool just out of LA room very nice and clean staff very help full had a great stay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Myself and my friends are on a road trip around California from England and this was the bargain of the trip. Ignore other bad reviews, for the money the rooms are big, a great location. Is only a $40 taxi to City Walk and ample parking. This hotel is not the savoy so don't expect the same level of hotel or cost. If you want a cheap hotel with a bed and a big pool then go for it.

I am not sure why people would feel unsafe in this area, we saw no examples of any "illegal" activity.

For the life of me I can't remember the name of it but the bar round the corner was awsome. It didn't sell food but you could purchase chinese from next door to eat it it. Was only $8 for a pitcher of beer.

I can't give a review for breakfast as I would rather sleep than get up but my friends said it was nothing special but gave them a good start for the day.

The indian guy that checked us in did not seem all there but it still only took us 10 mins with no fuss.

I stay in nice hotels with work so I see all ranges of hotels but for the $70 a night I can't fault it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KennyDies
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This place is not only shady, its an outright dangerous false advertisement. When we pulled up, I thought, what the heck, its late and Im tired from a 5+ hour drive. My wife checked us in, I observed some party type activity in the rooms with patios and balconies that were opened up and were viewable from the parking lot. Its a Tuesday, not a Fri or Sat where this would seem normal. It seemed questionable. Once checked in, I looked at the map to our room and drove around the back to park closest to our room. Again, I noticed activity that was now beyond questionable, but quite clearly illegal. I went into our room, never even put my luggage down, looked at my wife and kids and said "No way are we staying here", The room was old, the locks on the doors were less than secure, which raises the immediate question as to "What goes on in this place"? Why have the locks obviously been replaced more than an upgrade, but a repair from being broken? This place was not safe, not secure for even your belongings, but down right dangerous. There is quite evidently illegal activities going on. We quickly got back into the car, and went back to the front where the gal at the front desk attempted to argue that this was a quiet and safe place, to which I calmly said, " You know more than I do what goes on here, and I dont think you want me to call the police and concern the people that stay here on a constant basis and disrupt the obvious illegal business that is going on here." Only after this, did she agree to refund our Credit Card. I would have left and taken it up with my Credit Card Co. before risking my families safety at this place. I even would have eaten the $100 for my life and and families was worth much more than staying at this place. My wife booked it based on the pictures from their website. Only after we got to another hotel, did I view the website and agree with my wife, the website is awesome, place looks nice, resort like. We paid $98 for our room, and got a room at the Marriott for $115.
I would expect something like this if the room was $60-70 a night, but for $90 plus tax, you expect a decent, safe environment. This place is truly truly the worst hotel I have ever experienced. You have been informed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family