Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles
Loews Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)
USD 373
USD 289
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 363/night.

USD 302
USD 273
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 328/night.

USD 170
USD 157
USD 381
USD 345
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 392/night.

Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
USD 407
USD 330
Official Site
  • Restaurant
USD 215
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 278/night.

The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
USD 381
USD 356
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 413/night.

USD 489
USD 462
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 565/night.

Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
USD 417
USD 405
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 576/night.

USD 346
USD 277
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 362/night.

All reviewsrooftop barunited artistsmedium roomla chapterexposed concretestumptown coffeeavocado toasthipster hotelcool hotelloft roomrestaurant downstairsbody washmini barbath productsgrand central marketroom servicethe ground floor
Reviewed 19 April 2016

The Ace is painfully trendy and the place to be for a certain sort of person. We spent a lot on a large room. Check in was painless and pleasant. The room was large and sparse. Furniture is all cheap, almost Ikea like. The turntable and vinyl must be the selling point. No towel racks, so you almost have to throw them on the floor to be replaced which is wasteful. The bed was very comfortable. We were woken up when the bars closed by noisy neighbors but happily the revelry did not last long. Sadly, construction noise, drywall screw guns right outside our window, began before 7:00 AM Saturday morning and did not stop until sometime after we left the hotel. The pool and bar on the roof are great but were closed for a private party on Saturday night. No coffee in the rooms. Well stocked but expensive minibar. Not a good or even fair value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from any construction if you plan to sleep in at all.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Ace_DTLA, Front Office Manager at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Hi Kipp, very sorry that you were disturbed by noise during your stay! Our neighborhood is undergoing a lot of exciting changes, though it does come with growing pains for which I sincerely apologize. If your travels bring you back to Ace then we'd love to arrange a much quieter room and the first round of cocktails at the roof is on us!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

So the hotel itself, staff, etc. was quite nice. The rooms are very interesting, nothing like I have ever stayed in before and everything was nice and clean. The beds are AMAZING, best sleep I've had in a long time. The room was small, even though it was supposed to be a medium. The shower was weird, left the floor wet no matter where you put the towels, but all in all, it was a cool place. Just very different.

Free WIFI was cool. The restaurant was nice and the bar on the roof was fantastic.

The complaint that I have is the valet service. You pay $40 per night, but the drivers are not conscientious at all about the job. They don't wait for you to collect your belongings before they take off like a bat out of hell. One of them actually drove away while we were emptying the trunk, as he drove off the trunk was flapping up and down and he didn't even stop. My concern was, what if we were holding onto the trunk? Someone could have gotten hurt. This was reported to the hotel, but all they really said was, oh, ok, we will alert their manager. $40/night - really? We should be getting something special for that!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ShawnnnaLee
Ace_DTLA, Front Office Manager at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

Hi Ben, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll definitely address this with our valet team right away to ensure we're more careful in the future. Please reach out to us in the future if you're in DTLA again so that we can arrange a special (and flawless) stay.

Cheers,

Reviewed 30 March 2016

I enjoyed my stay at the Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles. The room was bright, modern, and clean. Everything felt fresh and new. I think I saw a Banksy mural across the street. Plus the neighborhood taco selection was excellent. I would stay here again next time I'm staying downtown.

Stayed: July 2015

Hi there, thanks a lot for coming to stay! I couldn't agree more about the neighborhood and the tacos. Looking forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

I've never been to LA so wasn't entirely sure where to stay and I can't fault the location of the hotel, or it's set up. The staff were friendly and helpful in every interaction and, the room (although compact) was perfect for a single traveler (the open plan bathroom and shower stall would have made it a little uncomfortable if I had been travelling with a friend), I also loved the little fire escape balcony. Room service in the morning was prompt and the food delicious.

The only negative comment I can make is about the noise... I know that it was from outside so out of the management's control, but I think I only managed about 3 hours sleep. Providing ear plugs was a cute touch, but for someone who doesn't like wearing them, perhaps an investment in double glazing may be more useful?

Stayed: March 2016

Hello, thanks for staying with us and for leaving feedback. Glad that you enjoyed your stay (esp. the room service!) and hope you'll keep us in mind for your next trip to DTLA. Though we're excited to welcome our new neighbors across the street - we'll be as relieved as you when the construction finally concludes later this year. Till then we'll be happy to find a quieter room for you on the other side of the hotel.

See ya then!

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

Having just come from staying at The Ace in NYC I was expecting great things of Ace DTLA.

The hotel itself is pretty amazing but the area it is in is a little rougher than expected.

Went outside the hotel a couple of times at night to get something to eat or run to the shops and felt a little unsafe.

There was an event on in the Theatre and there was a lot of noise coming out of it. My room was right next to the theatre and was given no warning that there were going to be soundchecks at 7:30 in the morning. It was so loud it sounded like I was in the Theatre itself.

I would have been totally fine with this if I was given warning and given the choice to move rooms.

The event at the Theatre was obviously quite high profile as there was a lot of security around. On the day of the event we had difficulties getting into the hotel at times as we were stopped by security and also couldn't pull up to the designated very area. As a paying customer the experience at the hotel should not be in anyway effected regardless of an event at an adjacent venue.

Once again, if there had been forewarning or consolation for this then it would have been ok.

The rooms are great and mini bar offerings awesome. Room service was reasonable priced and prompt.

Staff here were very chill and very attentive with queries. They really helped to set an LA vibe which was great.

Great hotel but the experience itself wasn't amazing.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Hi CBell, thanks for coming to stay and for letting us know about your experience. So sorry that you were negatively impacted by the hullabaloo next door - any concert or event that we host in the theater should enhance the guest experience, not detract from it. Please let us know if your travels bring you back to the Downtown area so that we can arrange a quiet room and a special stay!