“Definitely stop when in Hollywood!”
Review of Mel's Diner

Mel's Diner
Ranked #520 of 10,967 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place is so cool.staff are rrally friendly and great menu. Burger was so good!! Cooked well and not fatty.

Definitely recommend a stop in there!?

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

What a great place filled with nostalgia, the waitresses are wicked cute, like hopsock, though it did remind me of The diner in the show Alice, ( now I am showing my age), the service was great, the menu offers quite a variety, the food portions were large and tasted like homemade heaven. It’s easy to get wrapped up with all the photos and other interesting items, definitely a blast from the past. There is ample parking which is great being right on Sunset Blvd.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Service is fast and friendly. The vegitarian patty was really good! I was happy about that. We sat outside. However the inside atmosphere was cute

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

We went at 12:30pm on a Sunday and waited less than a minute to order. We had a number 1 & 4 (Big Mel and chilli cheese dog). Service was good and food was great.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Busy day in a quiet Universal Studios.

Lunch stop ... tried Mel’s Diner. Went I. For a cheeseburger, got seduced by the images of a chilli dog.

Well, what a disappointment.... less than a spoon of chilli, all so cold that the cheese never stood a chance of melting... the dog was rubbery.

Anyway - that’s me put off the idea of a hot dog for this short life.... two bites (the second only because my brain refused to believe my mouth after the first) and the rest went Into the bin...... can’t mess up a Diet Coke -I poured it myself - so we took that with us.

Very disappointing, food wasn’t quite cold, it it certainly wasn’t anywhere near hot. Unlikely to return.... the displayed pictures are clearly posed by food models and don’t bear any relation to what will arrive. Staff were anonymous .... neither good not bad... but could have been served by robots.