“A warm, friendly and comfortable, home away from...”
other travellers have booked this property
Delicious cooked to order breakfast by the pool, in your suite or in our dining room.
 Main Entrance
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Main Entrance
The Pool
Private entrance to your suite
Sweetheart special place.
Spring time
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
SandeepBi...
Pune, India
“A warm, friendly and comfortable, home away from home !”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

We - a family of three - stayed with Ronit and Pini (and their darling pet dog - Pixie !) at their Life is Good B & B in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles in the first leg of our USA - West Coast driving holiday. We enjoyed our stay immensely. Ronit and Pini are warm, friendly, & hospitable and they made us feel part of their family. Perhaps the standout feature were the wonderful hot, cooked breakfasts cooked by Ronit every morning (plus the giant muffins) and the enjoyable conversations and useful tourist tips at the breakfast table.The room is tastefully decorated and is very clean and cosy with every creature comfort carefully thought through and provided for. Linen & toileteries are plentiful and there are some very thoughtful touches like the complimentary internet, GPS unit, fruit & mineral water etc. There is also an attached pool. Parking on the street outside is plentiful and their picturesque B & B is easy to locate and is within minutes from freeway exits, gas stations and restaurants. We also got excellent weather during our holiday. Pini had ordered for us (in advance) a couple of local US phones (we are from Singapore) which were very useful. Thanks a ton Ronit, Pini (and Pixie !) for a memorable holiday ! Highly recommended !!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Delicious,cooked hot breakfasts and our daily conversations
Liked least: Size of the bathroom
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
kef1545
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

Wow! I don't think I will every stay in a better B&B for the rest of my life. Ronit and Pini are the most friendly and hospitable people we have ever met. We miss you guys!

We stayed 4 nights. Each step of the way was easy. I received an email with VERY detailed instructions on how to get into the room. They have a lock that you put your own personal code into for the time that you're staying there, so it is very secure. They also have a security camera, so I definitely felt secure while staying there. The neighborhood is nice and cute and has plenty of free street parking. The guest house is separate from their main house, which is nice and provides privacy. The first day we followed the instructions and only made it through the locked front gate before Ronit and Pini saw us and introduced themselves (and Pixie!), gave us a tour, and made us feel right at home. They even wrote a nice welcome on the chalkboard on the room door. By the end of the trip we felt like we were leaving family in LA.

The room! Wow! The room looked great in the pictures online, but it is even better in person! They leave nothing to want during your stay there. They literally have anything and everything you could possibly want. Hair dryer, shaving cream, Keurig machine, fridge fully stocked with beverages, TV, two reading lights, an abundance of pillows, shampoo, body wash, comfortable bed, ample amount of open outlets to charge electronics, a beautiful pool! The list goes on and on, but they literally have everything. There are mugs, bowls, utensils, etc in your room along with a microwave. The room is cleaned every day of your stay - they make the bed, take out the trash, etc, which is very nice.

Ronit - what can I say that even describes her?! The first day we arrived and I asked her (thinking to myself that I am being a big pain) if we could possibly arrange something for breakfast 2 of the days of our stay because we had to leave around 6am and I didn't want to wake her up that early to make us breakfast. Ronit pulled out all the stops. She said that is perfectly fine and made us breakfast for the next day each night before. She gave us 2 boxes of cereal to keep in the room, a tupperware full of fresh fruit, multiple yogurts, freshly made breakfast sandwiches that were AMAZING, and multiple muffins and scones - all for one day! She even gave us ice packs and a cooler to take to our outings so our food would stay fresh and safe! Needless to say it was actually so much food packed up for breakfast that we were still eating it when lunch time came - so we actually ended up saving some money on food in LA because of her incredibly huge breakfasts :D The rest of the breakfasts were fantastic too! They have menus in the room (how many B&Bs have menus?! That's amazing!) and you choose whatever you want off of the food lists, the time you want to eat, and where you want to eat it (in your room, by the pool, etc). We were a little bad at remembering to fill out the menu before 11pm (ok we were terrible and forgot both nights) but they were so gracious and Ronit would email me at 10-11pm so I would get it on my iPhone and I would email her back our breakfast requests. I felt terrible that I kept forgetting, but they were so nice about it and never said anything negative to us. The breakfasts were delicious. There's nothing bad on the menu. Even if you order a small breakfast, Ronit will pile up that tray like a feast for a king. And what we didn't eat on our tray in the morning she packed up in baggies for snacks for the rest of the day!

Pini (her husband) is also really friendly. They both recommended great places to eat in the area and were also very helpful recommending the best times to leave for places due to the LA traffic. They provide you with a GPS that has all of the sites you could want to see already programmed in. Incredible. They also have a washing machine and dryer that you can use right outside your room door.

Everything was clean, quiet (you'd never know you are in the middle of the city in their secluded yard), it was well located right next to both of the major highways (101 and 405), and best of all - it is incredibly priced! We were extremely surprised that such a fantastic B&B was so affordable. Everything about Life is Good is amazing. Stay here. Tell your friends to stay here. We will definitely be coming back in the future!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
CA
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in January 2013
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Germany
Reviewed 23 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing