“A real highlight of our visit!”
Review of Off Vine

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Sunset & Vine
Transit: Hollywood and Argyle. At the W Hotel. Across the street from the Pantage Theatre
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We visited in August 2018 on our second to last night in LA after a three week visit of California. It was a cosy, off the main road, restaurant. The building had real Hollywood glamour history to it. The staff were fantastic, so attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The food was amazing - my husband had to duck sausages and the chicken piccata, both of which had delicious sauce. I had the blackened shrimp and the mushroom ravioli which were both equally delicious. We shared a soufflé for dessert, which was to die for!
The restaurant manager came over to speak to us as we were from out of town and had asked for any bar recommendations so we could continue our Saturday evening in hollywood. She was so friendly and helpful, even drawing us a little map to help us get from place to place.
If we didn’t live so far away (the UK) I would definitely return here on a regular basis!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The converted old home, in the middle of all the high-rises and big buildings go up really does feel like a little oasis in the middle of busy Hollywood. Once inside, you feel you are in a totally different world.

My wife and I happened to be there for an anniversary prior to a show at the Pantages (the whole restaurant seemed as if they were going to the Pantages. We had a 6:15 reservation and the timing worked out perfectly. The restaurant is a block south of Sunset around the corner from the Arclight/Cinerama Dome. Its about a 10 minute walk to the Pantages).

And the food, well, enough to make this now a place we will regularly visit. The pictures people have posted say/show it all. A very wide ranged menu (I love it when I am torn as to which item to order because they all sound great), from pastas, risotto, fishes, meats, etc. Portions were respectable.

My wife and I split the beat salad (which they nicely split ahead of time without asking us, and each of us felt we had a full appetizer salad). I had the short ribs (very tender) and my wife had the chicken piccata. Both were some of the best we have had anywhere. Prices averaged around $25-$30 for entrees (some were more), and starters were $10-15.

And the service was impeccable (I especially appreciated the constant refilling of our classes of water and iced tea, which I have had complaints about at some very very expensive restaurants that seem to overlook a very basic requirement of service and the fact our waiter didn’t disappear on us).

Overall, this is a keeper and one I highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We had a mini-family reunion early on a Sunday evening. There were 8 adults and 3 children ages 9, 8, and 5. Although the restaurant did not have a kids' menu, our server was very accommodating and had pasta with butter and Parmesan, chicken tenders and french fries for the children. My husband and I shared a delicious kale salad and each of our portions was as big as a single portion anywhere else. We also shared the flat iron steak which was served with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was very tasty. For dessert our table shared two souffles (each one is enough for four people and you order then when you first arrive). The service was very prompt and friendly. When we were first seated around 6 pm the restaurant was full but half an hour later most people had left. We brought two bottles of wine ($20/corkage fee per bottle). The waiter was very helpful, suggesting that we stand at the entrance of the restaurant for a family picture. All in all we had a wonderful evening at Off Vine.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Loved this little place. Quaint and friendly. Came upon this place on a girls trip and really enjoyed it. Spoke with Richard and he could not have made us feel more welcomed. Topped off our meal with a delicious chocolate soufflé that hit the spot and made our meal that much more memorable. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at Off Vine. The whole staff was super friendly and professional, especially Stefano. The food was so good from starters to dessert. Wine list was quite short but well picked. Will definitely go again when next time in LA.