“Wonderful food, Cozy Atmosphere and Impeccable Service”
Review of Off Vine

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Cross street: Sunset & Vine
Transit: Hollywood and Argyle. At the W Hotel. Across the street from the Pantage Theatre
Reviewed 9 August 2018

The converted old home, in the middle of all the high-rises and big buildings go up really does feel like a little oasis in the middle of busy Hollywood. Once inside, you feel you are in a totally different world.

My wife and I happened to be there for an anniversary prior to a show at the Pantages (the whole restaurant seemed as if they were going to the Pantages. We had a 6:15 reservation and the timing worked out perfectly. The restaurant is a block south of Sunset around the corner from the Arclight/Cinerama Dome. Its about a 10 minute walk to the Pantages).

And the food, well, enough to make this now a place we will regularly visit. The pictures people have posted say/show it all. A very wide ranged menu (I love it when I am torn as to which item to order because they all sound great), from pastas, risotto, fishes, meats, etc. Portions were respectable.

My wife and I split the beat salad (which they nicely split ahead of time without asking us, and each of us felt we had a full appetizer salad). I had the short ribs (very tender) and my wife had the chicken piccata. Both were some of the best we have had anywhere. Prices averaged around $25-$30 for entrees (some were more), and starters were $10-15.

And the service was impeccable (I especially appreciated the constant refilling of our classes of water and iced tea, which I have had complaints about at some very very expensive restaurants that seem to overlook a very basic requirement of service and the fact our waiter didn’t disappear on us).

Overall, this is a keeper and one I highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

We had a mini-family reunion early on a Sunday evening. There were 8 adults and 3 children ages 9, 8, and 5. Although the restaurant did not have a kids' menu, our server was very accommodating and had pasta with butter and Parmesan, chicken tenders and french fries for the children. My husband and I shared a delicious kale salad and each of our portions was as big as a single portion anywhere else. We also shared the flat iron steak which was served with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was very tasty. For dessert our table shared two souffles (each one is enough for four people and you order then when you first arrive). The service was very prompt and friendly. When we were first seated around 6 pm the restaurant was full but half an hour later most people had left. We brought two bottles of wine ($20/corkage fee per bottle). The waiter was very helpful, suggesting that we stand at the entrance of the restaurant for a family picture. All in all we had a wonderful evening at Off Vine.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Loved this little place. Quaint and friendly. Came upon this place on a girls trip and really enjoyed it. Spoke with Richard and he could not have made us feel more welcomed. Topped off our meal with a delicious chocolate soufflé that hit the spot and made our meal that much more memorable. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner at Off Vine. The whole staff was super friendly and professional, especially Stefano. The food was so good from starters to dessert. Wine list was quite short but well picked. Will definitely go again when next time in LA.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Perfectly pleasant restaurant in an old house on a quiet street in the midst of bustling Hollywood area. Atmosphere is private and cozy. Can dine inside in the main room of the house or outside on the patio. We've done both and enjoyed both. Sunday brunch was terrific and weekday lunch just fine also. Service was friendly and attentive every time we've dined here. Enjoy a peaceful relaxing meal here either before or after you take in a movie at the famed Cinerama Dome just across the street and down the block!