“Great spot for sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Reviewed 13 April 2015

We had a quick dinner on a Sunday and were seated right away. There are several fancy rolls and we tried a few but the simple rolls and sushi were my favorite. Simple and delicious.

Reviewed 21 March 2015 via mobile

Wow. The langoustines and amazing sauce turned this California roll into an amazing and delicious meal. You must try it. yummy!

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Read a review of this place elsewhere, and felt that I needed to add my two cents to further back it up! Love sushi, hit three different Sushi places in the past week in LA- and this was my favorite of all of them. Great prices, nice, comfortable ambiance and location, and just overall had a pleasant meal. Found the 50% off rolls(house rolls) tended to be more based on crab then fish, but some of the options were still killer and a great deal.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

Sushi Dan has a wide variety of unusual sushi dishes. I've never been disappointed by the food, but I've also never cared for the atmosphere. I'm sure it's the lighting, but whatever the reason, I find the place to be cold and unappealing. There are far lovelier and less expensive sushi restaurants throughout the city. I wish I could rave about the place, because loads of people love it, but I'm simply not thrilled and only go once in a blue moon.

Reviewed 4 February 2015

I usually go for lunch as it is nearby work. Prices are great, service is fast and the food is pretty good. They have a wide variety of lunch specials and the place is pretty packed. Their Miso Soup is nice and not as fishy as other sushi restaurants. Their side salad is tasty and not saturated with dressing. The rolls and sushi pieces are very delicious and they variety is amazing. It is one of my go-to's and very dependable.