“Where else would you eat in Hollywood?”
Review of Swingers

Swingers
Ranked #136 of 9,953 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
cozad nebraska
“Where else would you eat in Hollywood?”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at the Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel and Swingers is on the corner by the hotel! We split a sandwich there for dinner and had amazing carrot cake for desert! The next morning we had breakfast at Swingers at my husband ordered the carrot cake. The waiter didn't bat an eye and quickly asked if he wanted a Corona with his carrot cake. I laughed so hard. Breakfast was super as well! Great food, great service, great atmosphere!

Visited January 2012

• Finnish first
Los Angeles, California
“lousy food that they like to pretend is healthy”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

plus snotty service with attitude and over priced - really trip advisor? you got me to rate a lot of places where I live and now I need to write a 50 word review? I don't like Swingers. I don't recommend it, unless, since its open late at night, you are too lazy to go to Canters where the foods, service, and vibe is soooo much better

New York, NY
“Great Place if you have the Munchies”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

First of all I want to say thank you, thank you for all you reviews and input on Swingers because w/o them, I may have never tried this place.

Now for the review. It was great!! Well, the food was great. The service, eh.. Although to be fair it wasn’t everyone, just our waiter. I don’t know if he was in a rush to take a break or get us out of there or what. He was a little annoying. He wasn’t there to replenish our free refill lemonades (very tasty I might add) and coffee (got to thank that wonderful attentive busboy for that) but he WAS constantly trying to take our plates before we were finished. Hey buddy, first ask then upon the answer POSSIBLY take the plate NOT in the reverse !! And before you ask, no the place wasn’t busy. It was a Saturday afternoon about 2ish. There were plenty of empty tables. We literally had our pick of seating. As for they other wait staff, they were very pleasant. Now back to the food. There’s a plethora of foods to choose from. Calling all vegans, they have plenty of vegan choices as well, even desserts. We didn’t have to wait long for our food, thank goodness. But like I mentioned, the place wasn’t packed. We had the Grilled Chicken Sandwich (charbroiled chicken, avocado, bacon, jack cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo & poppy seed bun $9.95). I was very flavorful. The tomatoes looked a bit “dead” but other than tat it was good. I wanted to try the shakes but I was too full from the meal. I plan to go back so I’ll leave that for next time, ha, ha, ha. This is another place where you can enjoy a meal w/o breaking the piggy bank. They are in a great location. I do have to agree that’s it’s a great place to nosh after a night of clubbing. It’s a kool spot for celebs to blend it if they like (so I’ve been told, ha, ha). There’s street parking if you can find a spot & they have a small free parking lot across from the diner. If you park in thee, good luck getting out of your spot as it can be I tight squeeze.

In closing, I give them a thumb up this time. Like I said, I plan to go back any try more of the menu but I have a tiny suspicion that they will pass muster.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank DaisyTraveler
“Great place for a healthy, tasteful breakfast!”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Although it looks like it might be a "greasy spoon" diner, Swingers menu and tabletop condiments are actually very healthy choices. We were there 3 times for breakfast, and each time the service was friendly and efficient. The coffee is very good, and the entrees of steel-cut oatmeal and veggie filled omelets are delicious and nutritious. Agave syrup was on the table for sweetening in addition to the usual real and fake sugars. The hip decor and vibe are fun, and since it's in LA, you never know who you'll see there!

• Visited January 2012
L.A.
“Trendy Goodness”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We love this place. Sometimes it can get a little loud but SO WHAT. Portions are generous. Prices are reasonable. If you haven't tried the cupcakes for dessert it's a must.