“Great for lunch or dinner”
Review of A.O.C.

A.O.C.
Reserve with OpenTable
A.O.C. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: USD 31 - USD 40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: George Burns Drive
Transit: The MTA bus stop at Fairfax and Third Street is the closest public transit stop.
Description: We've MOVED! Our new address is 8700 W. 3rd Street & George Burns Drive. A.O.C. is a small plates restaurant driven by seasonal ingredients, locally sourced. Our California French cuisine was developed by Chef Suzanne Goin, and has some Mediterranean influences as well. We have 24 wines by the glass and 150 bottles to choose from, curated by Caroline Styne, all of which are either organic, biodynamic or sustainable. And now, featuring a full bar with premium spirits and specialty cocktails. Reservations are encouraged.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have been to AOC on many occasions and I can confidently state that Suzanne Goin is a food genius. The food at AOC clearly reflects her creativity. The restaurant is divided into three areas; the upstairs, which is more private and subdued, the interior which is larger, louder and more social and the outside patio which is delightful. While my preference is the outside patio, I will sit anywhere to enjoy the magnificent dishes that are offered. For dinner, the roasted vegetable appetizer is spectacular and easily shared between two people. The three sisters salad is excellent and the fried chicken, while somewhat sinful, is amazing. Also, the hanger steak is pretty awesome. On their lunch menu, the bacon wrapped dates as an appetizer and any of the sandwiches they offer will not disappoint. So, whether you are an Angeleno like I am or a visitor, AOC is the quintessential LA experience. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Suzanne Goin and Caroline Styne of AOC are also responsible for one of my favorite restaurants, Tavern, where I have been enjoying meals ever since they opened, and the famous Lucques. I would not hesitate to go eat at any place where these two talented women are at the helm. As I waited for my friend, I had a glass of the sparkling brut rosé for $12 and enjoyed the cool interior air-conditioning on a 90F+ day.

One of the specials that day was a perfectly seared fish served with an addictively crisp skin, arugula, grapes, and fennel. My recommendation for anyone eating at any of their restaurants is to ALWAYS order the fish special because it never disappoints, and always restores my faith in restaurants having the ability to train and retain excellent chefs who know how to treat fresh fish with a light but expert touch. We also ordered the flaked albacore salad with raw bok choy, mizuna, and lemongrass for $24, the reedy bits of lemongrass in the salad were annoying and for the price, they should have been removed. We slightly preferred the first dish, but we would have had no hesitation ordering this dish again.

Since my friend had lived in France, our dessert choice was of course a selection of cheeses. Served with walnuts, dried apricots, and of course bread, it was a fitting way to enjoy the end of a meal. As we segued to our final course, we switched to wine, and moved to the patio as the sunset :)

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Had a delightful catch up dinner with my son. Loved the ambiance of this restaurant. Our waiter was outstanding as well. The food was also excellent. I just loved the Bacon Dates. Could have had that many times over.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Upscale but casual restaurant with excellent food. We sat in the covered outside space that was open enough to enjoy the sunshine but covered enough to eliminate the street noise. A wonderful experience for sight and taste.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This is a nice venue, feels local, nice seating areas, there is an inside and outside feel areas.
The reception is friendly and efficient.
The service average.
We went for the food and left disappointed, should and could have been better.
I would have liked to give it 4 stars but can't, hopefully they'll rethink their offering and try to make things clearer, fresher and less complicated.