“Famous icon location but over hyped”
Review of The Ivy

The Ivy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Alden Dr.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Okay I am glad I was able to spend the day making my daughter's dream lunch a reality. The roses and quaint decor are very nice and the staff are amazing for their ability to navigate in the crazy small locations. However, $107 for a cobb salad and sea bass and water, is seriously out of control!

1  Thank Hinrichsen J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We really like this place. Food is excellent and service as well. We usually eat outside but some of the inside tables are nice particularly if it is chilly outside. The space is tight so make sure you get a comfortable table. Beware of tables without umbrellas when the sun is shining.
The clientele is mostly local with an occasional celebrity and a colorful group. The deserts are very good and I particularly like their chocolate chip cookies.

Very high end but expensive and worth it!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I brought my daughter to the Ivy for her 28th birthday dinner. I couldn’t get over how beautiful the restaurant was. I fell in love with the plates! Dinner was delicious and so was the bubbly! Service was impeccable and our waiter even brought out dessert with a sparkler in it for our celebration. Nice job Ivy!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We took our teenage daughters to the Ivy for dinner on a recent visit to L.A. It's always beautiful with it's cottage interior filled with roses. The food was great, as was the service. It's pricey, but nice for a special occasion.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Ivy has long been known as a great place for celebrity spottings, especially at lunch time (photographers can often be seen hanging around outside, just in case they can get a celeb shot). The reason why celebs eat there so much is obvious - service is impeccable, food is great, wine list is well-curated - it is all really well done. What is tough for me personally is the closeness of the tables. We celebrated my birthday there on Saturday night (beautiful birthday dessert with totally unique candle that looks like a torch) but my husband literally had trouble getting between the other tables and other diners to get into his seat across from me at our two-top. That is my one quibble and if it doesn't matter to you, then hey. Also, if you want to eavesdrop on someone else's conversation, I'm sure the proximity must make it easier. Lol.

1  Thank Kkat006