“Enjoyable Limited-Carb Meal in a Rice Noodle Oriented Restaurant”
Review of Gingergrass

Gingergrass
Ranked #968 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 January 2018

While visiting and treating our LA area vegetarian family members to a restaurant of their choice, I often find it difficult to maintain my personal limited carb diet. This is a rice noodle oriented restaurant, so avoiding carbs is not easy. I chose the pork chop offering and passed on the "Styrofoam" rice chip appetizers and the white rice side dish. Doing so reduced the volume of the food, but I found the remainder of the meal with the chops and vegetables very satisfying. The restaurant decor is fairly spartan and practical and the tables are fairly close to each other. I found the staff to be pleasant and attentive. There was no effort to hurry us out the door. The restaurant capacity was about three quarters full and the combined conversation level of all the diners was relatively loud. Even though the dining atmosphere is pretty utilitarian, I have no hesitation about returning to this restaurant in the future. I enjoyed the meal. If you have a choice, I would suggest choosing less busy dining times.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon Gingergrass on the last day of our two week drive down the PCH from San Francisco and was easily one of the best meals we had had.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Staying actually in the Silverlake area, we didn‘t want to go too far away and decided to go to the Gingergrass even more our host recommanded that place as well. We were not disappointed. The choice of the dishes from the menue or the chalkboard is good. There are meat and veggie dishes. I had a noodle bowl with rib eye beef. It was tasty, the sauce spicy and the sprouts crispy and fresh. The range of draught beers is great. The restaurant is not very big, a simple interior and we had a prompt and attentive waitress.
Marcello M. Switzerland

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I have eaten at this restaurant before, but not for a while. I was tired at the end of a long day, and stopped in for an early dinner on my way home. I had grilled shrimp and vegetable rolls washed down with a chilled glass of rose prosecco. It was absolutely delicious, well presented with great service - so good in fact I am tempted to go back every week and eat the same thing!
Bravo to this small restaurant in the heart of Silverlake for having such a high standard
of cooking. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The best plate is the pork chops! The lunch special "pork chops" is my favorite. The salad and the dressing is delicious and it also comes with rice, which is good too. I recommend this plate. The shaking beef is also good. It is sliced filet mignon. The appetizer I most miss is no longer on the menu. Fried shrimp coconut sweet potato.