See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Place was kind of in the bad part of town, was told I could use my rewards points for a free stay and the guy on duty has a deer in the headlights look when I asked he said he would call someone and ask and get back to us. That never happened. Room was very dirty dirt in light switches and plates and room smelled bad. Just needed a good cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We stayed here for 3 days while in LA. Easy check in, 3 stories and no lift available , so if mobility issues perhaps request bottom floor. Spacious room, comfortable bed, air-conditioning, Fridge, microwave, Free Wifi average connection though.
We were in a room over looking 7Th Ave a little noisy,
A big negative is that hot water takes about 10 minuets to come through, Hotel manager had to help us with this. Solution running the water over the bath constantly for 10 minuets until the hot water made its way from the rear of the property.
Such a waste of water, did not sit well with me. This defiantly needs to be rectified.
We didn't know anything about a free breakfast, nothing was discussed at check in about this or when or where this occurred.
Walking distance to the Staples centre

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Queen bed , very comfy, clean and tidy , fridge , iron and ironing board . No tea and coffee facilities in the room, however these are available in the front office along with microwave ,Found this a let down . Staff friendly . Area that hotel is located very deprived . Close to metro which is easy to use and $7 for 24 hrs . Plenty of places to eat locally if willing to go out on a night .

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016

they have a "no" visitor policy, which you do not find out about until you show up. this is not the law, just their own policy. had a couple of people over after the day at the convention center to eat pizza. they said that this violated their "personal" policy and threw us out. Now we have to fight with them over getting a refund (had prepaid - big mistake). Really horrible staff. Very nasty intolerant woman at the front desk

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
ABVI A, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Our policy should have been brought to your attention. I am sorry to hear that it inconvenience you and your guests. Your comments will help us to better relate this information in the future.

Tom

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I booked this hotel because we had tickets to a concert at the nearby Shrine Auditorium. I knew we were only going to sleep there so I lowered my hotel standards for one night. I would never stay there again. It IS that bad.

Pro: The parking is free and it's a cheap Uber from Downtown LA and USC/Shrine Auditorium

Cons: The parking lot is tight. The rooms are disgusting. My cords didn't fit in the outlets. I didn't feel safe in the neighborhood. They staff could care less about anything.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for not meeting your needs during your recent visit. We take your feedback very seriously and have looked into the issues raised; making the needed improvements. Thank you for sharing your information and bringing issues to our attention.

Tom