All reviews farmers market street parking european style hotel tar pits no elevator room was large west hollywood boutique hotel mini fridge free breakfast is comfortable beds rodeo drive wi fi clean hotel would definitely stay here again santa monica downtown la
Reviewed 13 February 2017

The hotel is convenient, clean and offers a decent comp. buffet breakfast. I caters to orthodox guests. The bad news is that there were a large number of children running wild in the halls, up and down the stairs, and in the dining room. They were noisy, rude, and completely unsupervised by adults. Multiple complaints to the front desk were unheeded by families. Families with 4 - 6 children seemed to be the norm. "Spoke to a mother in the dining room whose children were handling muffins, and bagels and replacing them after touching and breaking of pieces to taste. The mother told me to mind my own business, that children will be children!
Will not stay again which is too bad as I liked the facility.

Room Tip: pick the second floor, even though there is no elevator, as you will not have kids jumping on the ceiling most of the evening.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank akarpets
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Quiet, well appointed boutique hotel in a LA neighborhood! Rooms well appointed and cozy! Parking is problematic as noted by other reviews, but since we visited on a holiday, it was not a problem for us. Because it is an older property, it is not well insulated (so a bit noisy). Breakfast is provided. Food is diverse and tasty!
We definitely will return.

Room Tip: Our room was close to an access door, so I think this increased traffic, increased noise.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gdr23
Reviewed 21 November 2016

This is a charming, clean, and conveniently located hotel. We were in town for a concert at the El Rey, which is nearby, and we needed a place to stay because we did not feel like driving back down to OC late at night. I was really impressed. The rooms are clean and rather large; larger than I expected. Our room was a double bed room and had a mini fridge, little dining table and a coffee machine. The hotel offers free breakfast which is, again, impressive! The breakfast included bagels, pastries, hard boiled eggs, cucumbers, tomatoes, cereal, OJ, coffee, water. One last thing - the parking. It's a little bit of a hassle since they don't have a parking lot and they are smack dab in a residential area. But, they don't hide the fact that the parking is an issue and the front desk person gave us clear instructions. We were lucky enough to find a spot near the hotel and just Ubered from there. Yay Uber! I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shelldavida
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

The location of the hotel was great, enjoyed the free breakfast. Very large room. Light was an issue seemed only one switch worked and not enough outlets but being an older place that was understandable. Front office staff was friendly enough. Did get an upsetting note in my room claiming we had smoked in there which we had not. Took the note down to the front desk and heard nothing more about it. Other then that good place to stay great price and location.

Stayed: November 2016
1  Thank catheriner
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Hi. Welcome to the Wiltshire Crest Inn. Our rooms are nice enough, but we don't know what you do with your car as we have no parking lot and the street parking is all taken. We will wake you up at 7am to move your car if you park in a street sweeping zone just to park.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Matthew D
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and location of the hotel. In regards to the parking, I would like to clarify a few things. We have a number of options. 1. We do provide a parking permit free of charge that allows you to park on the street. 2. There is a parking lot around the corner that we have arranged for overnight parking for a fee of $15.00. You informed me that you had come back from a Halloween party in the early hours of the morning and you just settled for the first spot you saw. I spoke to the night attendant who informed me the did in fact explain to you that where you are parked is going to be an issue at 7:00 AM not because of street sweeping but because of traffic flow. We did call at 7:00 to prevent you from getting a parking violation. We were concerned with your best interest.

Aaron T.