Wilshire Crest Hotel
USD 147*
USD 355*
USD 319*
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
USD 399*
USD 443*
USD 405*
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsfarmers marketstreet parkingbagelseuropean style hoteltar pitshard boiled eggsno elevatorquiet neighborhoodrooms are largesmall refrigeratorwest hollywoodboutique hotelfree breakfast isrodeo drivecomfortable bedswi ficlean hotel
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I was a little disappointed since the other ratings on TripAdvisor were glowing. High expectations aside, the hotel was moderately priced, conveniently located near LACMA, and comfortable. The rooms are large, with old-fashioned upholstered sofas and headboards. The bathroom is large and there are two sinks, one inside the bathroom and one outside the bathroom, which is convenient; I could brush my teeth while my partner showered. The breakfast buffet was unremarkable. There was whole fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal, and hard boiled eggs. Overall, our stay was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Addy B
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We travelled to Los Angeles for a wedding celebration in Beverly Hills and were pleased to find an attractive non-chain hotel just off Wilshire Blvd at a price that didn't break the bank. There were many things I liked about the hotel including the size of the rooms, the lovely bathroom with its own sink, and a dressing table with sink in the bedroom area so that two people could get ready at one time. The free parking was actually on-street parking and we didn't find it to be a problem. There were three things I would have changed, two minor and one major. There was no clothes hook in the bathroom to put a robe while showering and there was no ice available at the hotel for cold drinks or to ice wine. The biggest problem was the shower. In the morning the water temperature varied from scalding to freezing in the period of 15 seconds. As soon as I would adjust it, it would go crazy again. My husband did not have that problem at night so perhaps the number of morning showers affected the hot water tanks. It was very annoying.

Unfortunately we had a crying infant in the room next to ours. I know it is not the fault of the hotel management, but I think being awakened before 6 am on a day we planned to catch up on some post-wedding sleep may have colored our overall impression of the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are quieter away from Crescent Heights Blvd although the view isn't much.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Well if u r jewish and looking a place be at Shabat - defenetly its the best place, ill explain.
we got to the hotel at friday and went to buy some Kosher food for Shabat - that was easy because there is Kosher store near.
we got a worm-palte (PLATA) from the hotel to keep the food worm and we had a nice refregirator for all our needs.
There is a cinagog about 5 min walk from the hotle - witch is great for those who looking for 1.
At shabt morning we discovered there is a Kosher brakefast :D it was great to have such a thing - it was enough if u not too spoiled :) in fact it was more then i hade in 5 other hotles i was in that trip i ws doing.
so basicly if u travling and u need to do a Shabath - that is the place - the location and price is also great because its close to beverly-hils and u dont need to pay like if u take hotel there, afcourse its a standart hotel, not fancy 1 but was clean and cumftroble.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Everything about the Wilshire Crest is thoroughly pleasant! Unlike most hotel rooms, which are usually long and narrow, these rooms are open and airy, with a refrigerator, table and chairs, two sinks (one in the bathroom and one outside the bathroom), and very comfortable beds with lovely comforters that were the perfect weight. I was glad to see some variety to the continental breakfast: instead of being overly bread-based, they offered cut-up tomatoes and cucumbers and cottage cheese (which I mixed with hard-boiled eggs); fresh-tasting orange juice was served in a pitcher, and the coffee was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to take great pride in their establishment. There are plenty of places to sit and chat with others (especially if you're with a group, as we were). The sitting area near the lobby is so pleasant and decorated with beautiful fresh flowers, and there's an outdoor courtyard and a separate patio for shmoozing. The location is unique, too, in a really nice neighborhood that's great for casual walks and within walking distance to shopping, dining, and museums. I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay here!

Room Tip: If you can't, or would rather not, negotiate stairs, ask for a first-floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank SusieH_57
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for your great review of the Wilshire Crest Hotel. You semed to have enjoyed so many things that we offer including our large clean rooms, friendly staff, excellent location and our breakfast.We look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Los Angeles.

Aaron Tomaszewski

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We booked to stay at the Wilshire Crest in April 2012 for 6 nights.

We needed somewhere that was a moderate price and in a decent location with good parking facilities for our hire car.

We chose the Wilshire Crest Hotel because we thought it was all those things (apart from the parking), we didn't exactly think we'd be staying at the Ritz but we expected a bit of a higher standard of hotel for the money we paid than we ultimate got at the Wilshere Crest Hotel.

On first appearances the hotel looks decent enough, tucked away into a residential suburb near the Wilshire Boulevard and The Grove Shopping Centre.

But as soon as we got there I knew even my modest hopes of getting a semi-decent hotel for our stay in LA was dashed.

The hotel itself looks very nice from the outside but once you get in the whole hotel feels a bit rundown. The stairs upto the First Floor are a bit rickety and old with a very badly sun-damaged carpet.

The corridoor where the rooms are isn't that bad but is depressingly bland.

Then the rooms themselves, where do I start?

The walls are pretty thin, so you could hear things that maybe you didn't want to hear going on in the adjacent rooms. They're poorly lit and look like a depressing Motel room out of a movie, the sheets were adorned with numerous stains and cigarette burns which complimented the numerous stains on the walls and curtains.

When we first went into the room there was hair in the Sink, and the toilet roll holder/soap holder in the bath/shower unit was rusty. This once again complimented the creaky taps and the small toilet in the tiny bathroom that the hotel supplied.

Then we get to the breakfast. It was a travesty, It is a buffet where you're left to yourself to take as many Bagels/pastries as you want. It basically consisted of Bagels, cereal, tea/coffee, milk, some danish pastries and cake. Then there was this salad stuff that I saw no-one eat on my stay to compliment to 'delicious' bagels and pastries.

I'm not 100% but pretty sure that they didn't put out fresh pastries/cakes every day and that the salad stuff was left out overnight. On more than 1 occasion I bit into a pastry and it was rock solid. and that's pretty much it, if you don't like Bagels or get fed up with having them everyday then it is terrible.

As for drinks you get orange juice, milk, tea or coffee and that's about it, all served in polystyrene cups.

The two plus points of the hotel were the parking permit you get which enables you to park anywhere in the adjacent roads aslong as you display the permit on your rear-view mirror. We had no problem parking the car and found the fact we didn't have to pay for parking, and the area to park the car is a very safe residential neighbourhood where you didn't have to worry about leaving your car overnight.

And the other was the Television, you get a very extensive Time Warner Cable TV box that includes all the LA sports teams, films, news channels etc. you could ever want.

So to summarise. We made a huge mistake by staying here, and I can confidently say that if we go to LA again we definitely won't be staying at the Wilshire Crest Hotel.

Spend the Extra $$$ and stay at a much better hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Saints_B
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize if your were disappointed with your stay. I thank you for pointing out the bathroom holders and I will inform you that we are in the processs of replacing them. In terms of the carpet and drapes, I will have to investigate these issues because they were both replaced within the last year and half. I would just liek to add that I wish you would have mentioned something earlier in your stay. We could have resolved some thing prior to you staying all 6 nights.