“Nice home in Hollywood!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Buky House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #44 of 91 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Valkenburg, The Netherlands
“Nice home in Hollywood!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Gail, thank you for having us four days. We loved your guestroom, with kitchen and garden. The mornigs were very relaxing, either reading a book in the garden with the squirrels nearby or going for a run. After late breakfast we went to Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice and of course the Grove with the farmermarket! We had also a wunderful meal by Terroni. Thanks and Take care. Ron & Christianne

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christianne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was visiting friends in LA last November and could not stay with them. Buky House was just 2 roads away, so I booked. Gail was very helpful with the booking. When I arrived, she had emailed me inviting me to dinner but I had already left my home, I had not read it. However, as it was Thanksgiving, and my friends were already tied up, I was really grateful to eat with her family and friends. Gail is a wonderful cook and hostess. I stayed for 10 days. I travelled on buses all over the place. I did have use of a car but I didn't want to drive very much. Lovely, friendly area. Gail was great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank MoyaLondon
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I stayed at the Buky House when I was in L.A. for a friend's wedding and loved my stay. I stayed in the purple room and it was lovely and cozy. It had a great view of the cute patio in the backyard. The bed was amazing. I loved that there was kitchen access and fresh fruit and bagels every morning. Gail was a wonderful hostess and made it simple for me to get into the house even though she was not there at the time of my arrival. She also had fresh fruit and filtered water and a cup next to my bed as well as beautiful, fresh irises in my room upon my arrival. Plenty of hangers and closet space in that room. The neighborhood is amazing, and beautiful to walk through. Just gave me a real "coming home" feeling every night, even though I was only there for a weekend. There was also a nice breeze in my room when I opened the windows and the curtains were great for keeping out the light when I needed to sleep. I also enjoyed sitting in the front balcony with my book and a tea in the morning.

The only complaint I would have is the early (before 8am) Saturday morning wake up by the leaf blower next door, but that had nothing to do with the house itself. Other than that, my stay was very quiet and peaceful. It was also the best rate on a room that I found in Los Angeles especially considering the quality of the neighborhood, the house, the room, and how friendly Gail was. It was a great deal! I would definitely book here again for my next visit to Los Angeles!

Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Wickedlainey
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Buky House was the perfect base for my month long exploration of L.A. life. After a long day walking the streets and riding the local buses, it was comforting to return to a clean, quiet and relaxing place. Gail (the owner) is the ideal B&B operator, being conscientious, considerate and friendly. The house is in a great location close to the buzz of Hollywood and glamour of Beverly Hills. Leave your car at home- the nearby busses will take you from Melrose Avenue to Malibu and anywhere in between. Breakfast consists of bagels, bread, cream cheese and jam, muesli, fruit and brewed coffee or tea- no complaints there.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Ralph76
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I just got back from a week long business trip to L.A. Usually when I travel for a week or more I like to stay in a B&B if possible. Reading the reviews of The Buky House B&B, I decided to give it a try. The reviewer who wrote that it was a "converted garage with a bad smell" must have been staying somewhere else because it wasn't at the Buky House. Gail told me that the guest suite (a private llittle bungalow in back of the main house) would be available for 6 of the 7 nights but that I could stay in the Purple Room in the main house. She also gave me a good price for both so I agreed. The bungalow/guest suite is absolutely charming. A large place with a very comfortable bed, separate bathroom, and a small kitchenette that has a sink, countertop, refrigerator, toaster oven that bakes, grills, toasts & broils, coffee pot, electric kettle and digital cable t.v. with all the movie channels......and DVD player. Upon checking into the bungalow I was delighted to see fresh strawberries in the fridge along with two kinds of milk (I drik 2% so I was happy), butter, jams & yogurt. On the countertop were fresh bananas, bagels, tea, honey, salt & pepper and cereal. The kitchenette has dishes, glassware, flatware, paper towels, dishwashing liquid, plastic wrap........ I mean, what else does anyone need in a B&B? The guest suite is decorated in contemporary furnishings and colors which are rather comforting. Wifi is also available and the sliding glass door leads out to the nice patio. I loved it. I spent a very comfortable 6 nights in the bungalow. I moved into the Purple Room in the main house on the last day of my stay. Gail said her housekeepers would move my things but the door to the house is steps away and it didn't take me long at all to move. The Purple Room is very nice as well. Comfortable bed, separate bathroom, digital cable t.v. I opened the windows at night to let the fresh air in and slept very well. Gail's house is gorgeous. Built in the mid-20's (I believe that's what she said) and decorated with some very nice artwork and furnishings. The neighborhood is in the Hancock Park area. I took a walk one morning and enjoyed the beautiful homes on the same street as the Buky House and the other beautiful homes on the other streets. What a pleasant area. I love the Buky House and will stay there again when I go back to L.A., if Gail has availability. She is very friendly and accommodating. She also provides a parking tag for you to hang in your car since parking is on the street. Very safe, quiet neighborhood. For a female traveling alone, this is a plus.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business