“horrible stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #149 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Sacrofano, Italy
“horrible stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I stayed in this motel for 2 night. You will smell thecooking smell from the apartment, parking is very tight, the owner Rick is very mean, I thinks both husband/ wife run the motel. You she the wife working in the garden showing her butt.. It was horrible stay, I think you can find verypalce by 10 doller extra to your bill. Area is very noisey...

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kellys028
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles/Alhambra, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

• We are sorry for your bad experience; Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed about back entrance door and instructed to take the necessary action.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Las Vegas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Checked in to find front door to our room was open, no explanation given. Tried to park the car but the spaces are ALL painted too close, just asking for your car to be dinged during the night. asked front desk person who explained its just like the compact lot you get at LAX airport. SO, be prepared to have your car ruined when you stay the night. THANKS Super 8!!!

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Mark4216
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles/Alhambra, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Guest,

• The man at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Riverside, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

My family booked for one night, and honestly, it was a huge mistake. The room smelled horrible, and we booked a non-smoking room. It smelled like mildew and smelly feet honestly, I was repulsed. I went to a store to buy some air freshener, but it clearly did no good. My family couldn't stand the oldness of the whole room and left. (We just booked one night for Anime Expo, but that didn't work out so well so it would have been better for back and forth to the Expo center rather than stay another minute in their sleazy rooms.
After the complete and utter chaos, I thought I was done with this place, but I wasn't. Apparently, they charged me for THREE nights when I only booked one.
My bank had to deal with this, and I've never seen such horrible and unprofessional kind of workers. Honestly, I would never come back to this place ever.
I learned my lesson for booking such a utterly disgusting and filthy place.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hikari W
super8losangeles, Webmaster at Super 8 Los Angeles/Alhambra, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that the experience did not turn out to be what you had expected.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also received additional instruction in keeping the rooms properly stocked.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat you, our valued guests.

• Management were notified of the problem you experienced and your being charged for the room. The situation is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Los Angeles / Alhambra. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I want to give 3.5 stars but the system doesn't allow it.

The motel is right on the edge of the border between the two cities, but it is in LA. My room was clean and efficient. Everything was there are I expected it to be, but the architecture has some quirks that were annoying. Specifically, the bathroom door hits the toilet such that it can't be opened completely. The building doesn't look like it has been remodeled recently, but it's not run down either. My room's carpet was in good shape.

The breakfast consists of what looks like Costco bread, mini-muffins, Cheerios, and Svenhards danishes. European continental breakfasts can only be found in Europe. =P

If you have a SUV, I suggest parking it on the street because the parking stalls are really tight. The immediate area along Poplar is a typical Alhambra street, which is clean and neat. Huntington is run down. Speaking of which, I wouldn't approach the motel from the west. You'll pass through what looks like an industrial area of LA. I would come through Alhambra.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul7878
Tyumen, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

All you need to rest after a car trip. Free parking and breakfast, coffe maker, a/c, TV. Helpful staff.
About bed bugs. They are ALWAYS in US. So, don`t mention it.

Room Tip: Ground floor is better for thous with travelbags.