All reviews paramount studios free parking paramount pictures melrose avenue corner room stayed nights griffith observatory coffee maker rooms are small light sleeper definitely stay here again hollywood elevator betti fridge actors vine
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Initially I was apprehensive to stay here but as soon as I arrived, the atmosphere wins you over. While the rooms are older than the normal modern look, they stay true to the history of the hotel and the images of Los Angeles' history that it boasts. Though the room we were in was a bit of a tight squeeze, it was a comfy stay with a very comfy bed, which is a must. But the winning detail of all, the location. The hotel is very closely located to a great deal of attractions, sights, and good throughout the Los Angeles and Hollywood area. The staff are very pleasant and I hear that the restaurant on the ground floor is great, though we didn't get the time in our packed schedule to go. The only thing I would change? an upgrade to the carpet would surely add a whole other level to the beauty of this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again.

Room tip: ask for the room available with the most space !
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BexyTravels
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Firstly, the staff at this hotel are amazing - very helpful, lovely and friendly. I could not fault them. However, the rooms are just not as pictured. They are OLD and the smell of the rooms is quite sickening. The shower head in the bathroom was covered in mould and I felt dirtier that before I showered. The bedding was completely stained and dirty. hotel needs a major revamp. The current star reviews do not match the quality of this hotel. I would recommend looking somewhere else.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Samuel O
Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Hollywood Historic is well priced for the location, and the people were hands down the best part. Both front desk people I spoke to were great, and even the valet/security gentleman was super nice and polite.

When I had a late night, last-minute change of plans and needed a room but the hotel was sold out, Michael called around town to help me find a good property and get me the best rate — I was even taken care of not being a current. He was awesome!

Thank you Michael and HHH staff!

Room tip: We chose a quiet room facing away from the street, but I'm sure the Hollywood sign view was nice, too.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I am visiting from Toronto,Canada for a week. I spent the weekend at an air bnb before arriving at this hotel and it was the worst decision i could have ever made!
Let me first start off with saying the gentlemen that checked me in was AMAZING! Very helpful assisted me with an early check in and even suggested that my friend and i have brunch at a near by 50's restaurant that was called "Astroburger" i believe. Which was in our opinion a great recommendation. Now upon checking in everything went smoothly. The room was not quite what i was expecting , very small claustrophobic and quite outdated. I do get the point of the hotel being "historic" but a few tweaks wouldnt have made it any less "historic". Second day in the room service arrived after 4 pm , in my opinion a bit late for continuing guest but atleast they came and exchanged my towels. Now i do travel for work and work nights. When i came in last night i meant to extend my reservation and due to long hours and fatigue i slept till morning. At around 11:30 am i heard a knock at the door asking if i was going to extend or check out, which at that time i informed the gentlemen at the door that i was going to go to the front desk and extend my stay. Shortly after roughly 2 minutes i heard another knock at the door which surprised me so i opened it. It was the front desk woman accusing me of smoking in my room. I assured her that I did not smoke in the room and that if she wanted to check she can check the cameras and see for herself that i did indeed smoke outside twice during my stay. She then gave me 2 options which were to: #1. Leave now and get my 100.00 deposit back or #2 Extend and lose my deposit. Her ultimatum made no sense at all but any human with common sense would obviously take their 100.00 back and find another place . As i get downstairs with my luggage to check out she gets the property manager (another female)to check the room. As she goes towards the stairs to go upstairs the front desk lady tells the property manager "she was smoking in the room and i had already told her that we will need to wash the carpet and the curtains to get the stench out". To no ones surprise the "property manager"(or manager on duty ) comes downstairs and repeats the exact same thing the lady at the front desk had told her minutes before she checked the room.Moral of the story is they did not refund me my 100.00 dollar cash deposit. Which is absolutely CRAZY to me only for the simple fact that i went OUTSIDE to smoke both times i ever had,needed,or wanted to smoke. Im not sure if this is an ongoing scam or discrimination against me because im black but the whole scenario is absurd. This is not a way to gain money if desperate or keep clients. I will not stop until my situation is heard and i am fully refunded for my inconvenience and false accusations. The property manager was extremely rude, sarcastic,and disrespectful. She insisted on speaking over me and mocking me when i was trying to explain myself. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room tip: dont stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ericasmith1
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Had to find a hotel last minute. Had my reservations about staying here but it was good. Simple rooms with a nice bathroom. Relatively quiet as well which is good for LA. Only thing they need is better duvets for the beds, the rooms have heating if it gets cold. Easy to get around using Lyft or Uber as well.

Trip type: Travelled solo