All reviews paramount studios paramount pictures melrose avenue griffith observatory stayed nights coffee maker rooms are small corner room light sleeper minute drive definitely stay here again hollywood elevator betti parking fridge neighborhood
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I am visiting from Toronto,Canada for a week. I spent the weekend at an air bnb before arriving at this hotel and it was the worst decision i could have ever made!
Let me first start off with saying the gentlemen that checked me in was AMAZING! Very helpful assisted me with an early check in and even suggested that my friend and i have brunch at a near by 50's restaurant that was called "Astroburger" i believe. Which was in our opinion a great recommendation. Now upon checking in everything went smoothly. The room was not quite what i was expecting , very small claustrophobic and quite outdated. I do get the point of the hotel being "historic" but a few tweaks wouldnt have made it any less "historic". Second day in the room service arrived after 4 pm , in my opinion a bit late for continuing guest but atleast they came and exchanged my towels. Now i do travel for work and work nights. When i came in last night i meant to extend my reservation and due to long hours and fatigue i slept till morning. At around 11:30 am i heard a knock at the door asking if i was going to extend or check out, which at that time i informed the gentlemen at the door that i was going to go to the front desk and extend my stay. Shortly after roughly 2 minutes i heard another knock at the door which surprised me so i opened it. It was the front desk woman accusing me of smoking in my room. I assured her that I did not smoke in the room and that if she wanted to check she can check the cameras and see for herself that i did indeed smoke outside twice during my stay. She then gave me 2 options which were to: #1. Leave now and get my 100.00 deposit back or #2 Extend and lose my deposit. Her ultimatum made no sense at all but any human with common sense would obviously take their 100.00 back and find another place . As i get downstairs with my luggage to check out she gets the property manager (another female)to check the room. As she goes towards the stairs to go upstairs the front desk lady tells the property manager "she was smoking in the room and i had already told her that we will need to wash the carpet and the curtains to get the stench out". To no ones surprise the "property manager"(or manager on duty ) comes downstairs and repeats the exact same thing the lady at the front desk had told her minutes before she checked the room.Moral of the story is they did not refund me my 100.00 dollar cash deposit. Which is absolutely CRAZY to me only for the simple fact that i went OUTSIDE to smoke both times i ever had,needed,or wanted to smoke. Im not sure if this is an ongoing scam or discrimination against me because im black but the whole scenario is absurd. This is not a way to gain money if desperate or keep clients. I will not stop until my situation is heard and i am fully refunded for my inconvenience and false accusations. The property manager was extremely rude, sarcastic,and disrespectful. She insisted on speaking over me and mocking me when i was trying to explain myself. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ericasmith1
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Had to find a hotel last minute. Had my reservations about staying here but it was good. Simple rooms with a nice bathroom. Relatively quiet as well which is good for LA. Only thing they need is better duvets for the beds, the rooms have heating if it gets cold. Easy to get around using Lyft or Uber as well.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the HHH for 10 nights. We were attracted to it by it's location and price. We decided that it would be a walking holiday as L.A. is so spread out. The downside to the hotel is that they're no catering facilities. There is a restaurant attached but we found it expensive. The rooms and bathroom facilities are more than adequate. The beds are large and very comfortable. The maids were in every day and the room was kept clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly and full of hints and tips about where to go and what to see. We had no complaints whilst we were visiting and would definitely visit again. We took advantage of the safe on offer and were allowed to keep our bags in a safe area after we had booked out.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Marvelous staff, friendly guests, and strategic location combine to make a magnificent stay in Hollywood. The location includes a view of the Hollywood sign and is a short Uber from great restaurants and world-class entertainment.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We could see the Hollywood sign from our room which was cool. A bit far away from West Hollywood, about an hour walk to everything there is to see like the Walk of Fame etc. Very close to Paramount Studios though. If I'd known it was a bit out of the way, I would have booked somewhere more central. We expected a bit more for the price but only stayed 2 nights so it was fine, its old school decor was cool, bed was super soft which wasn't great. Had to pay $18pn for parking. Lady at reception was friendly.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple