“Nice Place Very Clean Rooms”

Shelter Hotels Los Angeles
Ranked #152 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. They are still working on the building but the main parts are done (the rooms) once they finish the hallways and stairwells this place will be perfect. It's a clean affordable hotel near the downtown L.A. with free parking, internet, satellite TV, and dogs stay for FREE. The staff is very nice and helpful. Yea, you have to ask for the iron but you have to do that at many other hotels. I will come back again and hopefully when I come next year it will be fully finished. To be honest I really don't want anyone to know about this place b/c I want to keep it my little secret. Please excuse my poor rating on the pool it should have skipped it because it's unfinished.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Great location, close to lots of Korean Restaurant and Groceries. Zion Market (korean grocery store) is just 5 mins walk from Hotel. We stayed there for 3 nights. The room is big with king size bed, TV, one closet and one desk and a chair. Nothing fancy. The bed and the pillows are really comfy and TV got many channels too. I wish the hotel put whole length mirror in the room since there is plenty of space. I would like to check out my whole outfits before I go out, but now i can't. One more thing, I don't think the housekeeper never clean the floor. So don't walk around in the room bare feet like us, your feet will get really dirty. The bathroom is nice and clean, but no hair dryer and no handsoap. So I had to call front desk for hair dryer. The front desk people are nice and helpful. The floor at hotel seem like really thin or something because we can hear the people walking and moving stuffs from upstairs room. Sometimes It was kinda annoying they were walking so loud in the middle of the night. Well, over all, we had wonderful stay there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The shelter hotel was perfect for the price! The metro station that takes you to all the main tourists attractions is a couple of blocks walk and very easy! The staff were very helpful when we asked questions. The room was simple but perfect for what you need to sleep! Would go back again.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jdgdlc
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Good location. We had a clean, quiet and nice room. Parking ok. Very comfty king size bed ! May be missing some arrangements and a hair dryer in the room. But it's a good hotel, effective. We had a good stay. OK. I recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliciatrip
Reviewed 24 April 2012

It's located in downtown Los Angeles in the middle of Koreatown. My boyfriend and I stay at this place every time we visit. I have to admit, I have high maintenance, and this place always meets my needs. It has the most comfortable king size bed and the people who work there are so kind. They even remember you each time you stay there! The hotel is clean which is very important to me. The price isn't too bad either. They seem to be doing great business. Last time we visited, they were planning on building a pool on the rooftop. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple