“not impressed”

and up
Hollywood Sign and Griffith Park Hiking Tour
Ranked #72 of 629 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Owner description: Perched atop Mount Lee, this global symbol of Hollywood glamour measures 450 feet in length with mammoth white letters, each standing 45 feet high, spelling out the name of the city. There is no access to The Hollywood Sign as it sits on restricted property however; there are several scenic view points which provide great photo opportunities . 1) Hollywood and Highland. Farther away but easy , especially if you are already in Hollywood. 2) The Griffith Observatory. Take the Metro Red Line at Hollywood and Highland to the Griffith Observatory stop. From here board the DASH Observatory shuttle operating 7 days a week ( beginning 3/21/17) to the front lawn of The Griffith Observatory for views of The Hollywood Sign. 3) The Sign is best viewed from the interior of Griffith Park. Trail signs will guide you to these sites. Please stay on the designated trails and enjoy the great views of The Hollywood Sign !
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was expecting something different, there isn't much up there and they made us park way down so the walk was about 1 hour up the mountain in 90 degree temperatures.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,805)
All reviews
in 251 reviews
"fence"
in 71 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As an East Coast guy I must say I am blown away when I say this true American landmark. To me it’s a symbol of the glitz and film industry that America for better or worse has created. If you are in LA area this is a MUST see sight!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had read routes of 3.8 miles round trip. Well I don’t think we found that. We ended up doing about 6+ miles some of it scrambling. We ended up dropping into a neighborhood and taking a Lyft back to where we had parked. On the map we took the route around the water tower. Do NOT recommend that. Stay on the paved / dirt roads. BRING WATER, even on a cool day.

2  Thank JohnnySong
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Love the park on The drive that we walked up to take pics of the Hollywood sign. I was sad that it was smoggy that nite but love the Hollywood sign and its history

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My granddaughter wanted to see the Hollywood sign when we took a trip to Burbank. So, I took her up to the Griffith Planetarium which gives you a good view of the sign. She was happy to see it from there and crossed it off the list of iconic LA places she wanted to see. What can be said about a sign? It is there. It is ioconic. It is in a lot of LA/Hollywood type things. At the end of the day it is just a sign of tall white letters on a hillside.

1  Thank bobba