“Horrible place to take your family!”

Venice Beach Boardwalk
Book In Advance
USD 89.00*
Small Group Highlights Tour of Los Angeles
USD 149.00*
and up
Los Angeles Highlights Tour: Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood and Beverly...
USD 148.99*
Santa Monica and Venice Beach Segway Tour
Ranked #46 of 590 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Anything and everything on this famous concrete strip - from hippies to skateboarders, you will see it all here.
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We decided to take a short drive from Santa Monica pier to Venice beach boardwalk..what a mistake that was! There were thugs drinking beer and smoking marajuana up and down the street. There needs to be more police patrol and not an empty squad car sitting there just for looks. I did not feel at ease one bit. I have nothing positive to say about this place. I would not recommend or refer anyone to go there.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,559)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

arriving from somewhere else , it s fun but for few minutes
if you walk there the second day, you can actually see how sad is the walkboard

2  Thank maxanddan
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have walked many a beach, from Bonaire to San Salvador Island, Bahamas, in the Caribbean; to Fiji and Palau in the Pacific, and this place is my ultimate favorite. What does it have? Tons of "Hot Chicks" skating in thongs & bikinis, sidewalk street artists, street musicians, hot chicks playing in the sand, all manner of crazy dressed, something people, and even muscle beach. Bicycling with a great white sandy beach, super good Italian ice, and frozen yogurt, for a restful stop, and miles of sandy beaches to bicycle on a super nice bike path. Now the down side, parking sucks! Get there early, real early and expect to pay for a pay lot. If you are not there by 8AM, or 9AM, expect to drive around for an hour. My last trip on a Sunday at 3PM, I had to give up and call it a no go to the beach. Traffic~ Yuck! Its like every hot chicks driving slow. They're looking at guys, and the guys gawking, and "OH" the hot chicks in thongs! "CRUZING FOR LOVE!" That's what Venice Beach is all about! I have gone here more times than I wish to say in 30-years of heading to the beach, and I never tire of looking at a cute butt in a thong bikini! Bottom-line, you are never too old for Venice Beach! Rent a bike and cruise for hours looking for love in the best place on the west coast~Venice Beach!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Look, everyone knows that crazy, interesting people wander around Venice Beach Boardwalk. Just go with it - let your walls down, and have fun. These people won't hurt you, and they will probably amuse you. One of the weirdest, funnest boardwalks there is - with nothing to compare.

Would I ever buy pot from the pot docs? No - but I could care less that some people do. Would I put on roller blades and strap on my guitar and amp? No...but I would miss the guy if he stopped doing it. Would I sit in a trash can and hold a sign that says "help me get trashed?" Never - but who cares when some drunk homeless guy does. How does that hurt me? Freedom of expression at it's best.

Try to have fun - there are great spots to eat, drink, and people watch. Besides the beach itself!

But honestly - if you are offended easily, have strict religious/political views with no room for others to be different, drive just down the road to Santa Monica. Everyone will have more fun.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Still weird, still unpredictable, still diverse, still so uniquely Southern California. AND still open every day.

1  Thank MikeMc666