All reviews a great stay rooms were very clean universal studios continental breakfast great location santa monica noho uber iron parking fame wifi amenities noise hollywood
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Please do not stay here. Staff are less than helpful, they are downright rude. David, the manager was absolutely horrible towards us. Didn’t solve any issues that we had at all. He kept interrupting myself & my husband and raising his voice. He was very threatening towards us and we had our kids with us. He was trying to overcharge us for parking despite a receipt we had from a third party booking that stated there was no charge. Neel & Russ at check in were no help either. They were rude and condescending. Exact words from Russ were “your paying 25.00 for parking at universal studios why won’t you pay that here!?” At that point it was principal. It was a horrible experience. The manager did absolutely nothing to help, he actually made it much worse!! We asked for the owners contact info and he refused to give that to us. BEWARE OF HIDDEN CHARGES & horrible customer service. We ended up staying elsewhere that was cheaper and had amazing customer service!!! Just beware of this place. Don’t stay here!!!

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank stephmeville
LexenHotelNoHo, General Manager at Lexen Hotel - North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Hi thank you for taking the time to leave such a strongly worded review.

I’d like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We do advertise as requiring a deposit and $10 nightly parking fee at check in on all our platforms, so you may have booked from a faulty 3rd party that we do not do business with. This kind of thing occasionally happens in the hospitality industry so it is very important for all potential guests to check that you are booking from a verified Online Travel Agency.

Our employees are required to follow our policies, so there is not much that can be done to waive parking fees or anything similar. This kind of decision is not up to to the front desk staff.

Regardless, we do appreciate your business, and hope to have another opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

An affordable, stylish, spacious hotel room with plenty of amenities (breakfast is great and they have a fancy super deluxe coffee/cappuccino machine), friendly and helpful staff, and close to Universal studios.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Joe E
LexenHotelNoHo, Manager at Lexen Hotel - North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Joe,

We appreciate the kind words. We're glad you liked our hotel and the staff, but we all know that the coffee machine was the real star of the show!

Hope to see you back soon, thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I've been to Los Angeles few times and never found good one, but now I have. I'm a proud public transport user which means it's awkward if I visit city like Los Angeles. But this one has solved that problem. Get Flyaway bus from LAX to Unions station and Red line to North Hollywood, hotel is 5 minutes walk from Metro. I'm kind of regular budget traveller still I know the iron rule, " what you pay, what you get." But this hotel is exception from that rule. I stayed room 212, room is spacious not exactly room with the view but they have a terrace area on the 2nd floor which is in front of my room. Room is very clean, bed is very comfortable and a mini fridge in the room comes handy. No bath tub but shower is working alright. They offer complimentary continental breakfast and that was a nice surprise. All receptionists are friendly. If I need to go to Sunset Strip it might be difficult but North Hollywood has a big bus hub so I believe I could find my way there. Of course it's non smoking, only thing is they charged me $250 deposit just in case of smoking damage but they don't have any ashtray outside, I respect their rules and other non smoking guests right but we have a right too, a simple ashtray doesn't harm anyone and keeps street clean IMHO.
But I will book this hotel again, I've got a feeling this will be my regular hotel anytime I visit Los Angeles. They seem to have a branch in Hollywood, I might check it out but Walk of Fame area can be sleezy after dark, so probably I will stick to this one.

Room tip: HIgher than 2nd floor could have better view .
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Holycow1812
LexenHotelNoHo, Manager at Lexen Hotel - North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We are very proud of our hotel and our accommodating staff, and are happy to hear that they treated you well during your stay. Your comment regarding the smoking accommodations is something that we had not thought about, but will definitely take into consideration as we continue to develop our property.

We look forward to seeing you again whenever you find yourself back in LA!

Reviewed 19 April 2018

Just spent three comfortable and delightful nights at this hotel in an exceptionally convenient location for me. Staff is incredibly warm and welcoming. Thanks to Dylan and Shivani and the rest of the staff including the friendly and accommodating house staff. Every time I walked in the door I was greeted as if I were coming home!. Super clean and comfortable accommodations with free wifi,parking and breakfast muffins. Thanks for a great stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
3  Thank pbg47
LexenHotelNoHo, Manager at Lexen Hotel - North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Thank you so much for the great feedback, Pauline. Our entire staff loved having you here and I really enjoyed our conversations! We're glad that you had a pleasant experience, really looking forward to seeing you next time you're back in LA!

Call ahead next time you plan on visiting. Hope you had a safe trip home,
Dylan

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Brand new hotel and the staff are super friendly and helpful! Went for a trip to Universal. Parking is included, breakfast is mostly bread, muffins and coffee but it worked for us! As I said brand spanking new hotel and the AC gave us some trouble so we were upgraded and it was managed quickly. I would recommend it and would stay again!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
LexenHotelNoHo, Front Office Manager at Lexen Hotel - North Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Julie! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Universal Studios!