All reviewsrooftop deckvenice beachsanta monicahomeless peopleocean frontsidewalk cafepanoramic ocean viewdrum circlegreat rooftopfull kitchenmuscle beachawesome locationthe ground floorone bedroom suitesofa bedlate at nightstreet noise
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I recently did my first solo trip overseas, and chose to stay at Venice Breeze because of it's location. I arrived a couple of hours early and the girl on the desk was really friendly and was able to give me early check in. She also offered to help with bags and to give me info on local attractions. The room was clean and tidy - a few dings here and there from wear over time, but nothing that affected the overall quality of the room. It was well stocked and had everything I needed for a four day stay. The noise from the boardwalk was constant throughout the night, but being from an urban area I did expect that, and if you choose to stay here knowing what the area is like it's not something you can complain about. I felt very secure in the building, and also walking the boardwalk during the day. It was a great introduction to travelling solo for me, and I'm hoping to visit again next year!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Ethan P, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you for choosing Venice Breeze Suites for you stay in Venice Beach. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and found the accommodations comfortable. In the future, to guarantee the best rate available to you as a returning guest, please book with us directly on our website, phone or email.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Booked on a booking agency that buried the "no parking" part. Expected to pay when I saw where we were. There is even a parking establishment right on the same corner. NO OVERNIGHT. You get there and you get a crude map with blue lines showing where you can park on the street - MAYBE-- be careful about the wording on signs as you are driving your car through a mess of cars, people and bikes. And the garages they mark for you to try -- FULL and NO OVERNIGHT anyhow. In an hour of driving in circles that got out to about 2 miles away - NO OVERNIGHT parking. No one really seems to either A) know that or B) tell the truth. Gave up. Drove 6 hours back to Phoenix. My wife was in the room - did the Drop Off at first. Room was OK. Kitchen part was Fabulous. Some wear and tear. LISTEN for those who expect not to be able to park. GO FOR IT. For those looking to hit a spot and experience a little Venice Beach -- and driving to get there... It is a total crap shoot. And since you paid for it all up front - the hotel doesn't care. Nor does the agency if you went through one. They got your money. That is ALL THEY CARE about.

Room Tip: Get a ride there - - you won't be able to park. Seriously
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Scubaintendent
Ethan P, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Historic buildings on the boardwalk like ours were not built with parking. We provide a map with suggestions for all nearby free street parking and public pay parking very close to the hotel. We have no control over the public pay lots or their hours and overnight parking policies. It is stated on our website in the "Frequently Asked Questions" section and on all online travel agent website that our property doesn't have private parking. We are sorry to hear you had a difficult time finding parking during your stay. Our historic boardwalk & beachfront building consists of spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens, modern furnishings and hardwood floors. Our beds are memory foam beds with high quality bedding and linens. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an excellent experience. In the future, to receive a returning guest discount and to guarantee the best rate available only to you, please book with us directly via phone or on our website.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Good: The location is good and bad. It is right off the beach. The room was clean and the shower was good although quite a few tiles in the shower booth were missing.

Wi-Fi: was working well on the first day. on the 2nd day, it was not working and I had to use my own hot spot and data. I went down to talk to a male staff and he walked around to reset the router but it was still not working until the last night. I went down again and this time talked to a female staff and she actually reset the routers. ( I am a network engineer) It was find then.

Bad: I was in room 301. Thin floor. Someone was wrestling on the 4th. I had to call the front desk (have to call 310) at 10pm. Fortunately, the staff was there. It got better but we could still hear a lot of noise.

Ruined three night's of sleep because, the alley on the side of the building echos every sound. On the 2nd night...someone with motor scooter (many people here have them) was revving up late at night. The last night, well the dump truck wakes you up early in the morning. Need to improve the sound proofing. Maybe it is just the room.

Here is the big one. We paid a lot of money to stay on the top floor. Made the reservation 8 months ago! At the time, a female staff, over the phone), told us if we deposit then, she could reserve the 4th floor ocean view.
When I checked in, they give us a 3rd floor room. I complained and they said that nobody can guarantee 4th floor room. It is in the reservation comment section and I had the name of the person who took my reservation. No way, they said. And they said I could move the room to the 4th floor next day. Are you kidding? why would I spend time to move on my vacation? They did not offer any discount or reimburse. WHY DID NOT THEY PUT THIS in somewhere in their web site. Bait and switch maybe?

Summary: I like the hotel but I want to do business with honorable folks. It does not matter the hotel management or the female staff who took my reservation. ONE OF THEM is not honest. LET THE CUSTOMERS KNOW YOUR POLICY OF NOT reserving preferred floor. I am disappointed with this place that had 4.5 rating from TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: get ear plugs for whole family. don't expect to reserve the floor you want
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank disappointedDec2013

We are the only Venice Beach boardwalk hotel where you step out our front door and on to the sand. We have a large attraction of lively people on the boardwalk by day but at the end of the day we are a quiet safe beach community of friendly people. Due to the hardwood floors in a vintage building, soundproofing within the units can be somewhat limited if the guests above are not conscious of the guests below. Also, we do have soundproof windows to minimize exterior noise. Our prices are competitive and fair compared to our neighboring hotels at a great value for the amenities, location and ocean views. We have room types on all floors. We guarantee the room type but not the floor that the room will be on. We don't charge for a room to be on the top floor. We do assign guest on the upper floors as much as possible upon check in. We are sorry the top floor was not available at the time you checked in. We have friendly staff providing great customer service and assistance. Our staff are all Venice Beach locals who are very knowledgeable about the area and happy to help with information and suggestions for almost anything. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you an excellent experience. . In the future, to receive a returning guest discount and to guarantee the best rate available only to you, please book with us directly via phone.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We loved this place. It was just what we needed after driving Route 66 from Chicago. Easy drive into the hills and Hollywood, awesome people watching at the beach. The area is gritty and real, be prepared for a bit of an urban element if you’re not used to it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bedwardd
Ethan P, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

We are glad you enjoyed our furnished studio and one-bedroom apartment style units with fully equipped kitchens and modern furnishing. We are your home away from home on the beach. We have a large attraction of lively people on the boardwalk by day but at the end of the day we are a quiet safe beach community of friendly people. There are carefree people on the boardwalk that live a very bohemian lifestyle that are harmless. We are within walking and bicycling distance to everything including boutique shops and restaurants from Abbott Kinney Blvd to the Santa Monica Pier. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Venice Beach and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles. The best rates are only available by booking directly with our hotel via our website, phone or email.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

The rooms were nice and clean. Good size and practical kitchen. The staff were super friendly and helpful with all our requests. Also very nice that you could borrow towels and various beach equipment e.g. body boards. Remember also to go to the roof top terrace

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ethan P, Manager at Venice Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

We are happy you found our spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens, modern furnishings and hardwood floors comfortable. we operate as your home away from home on the Venice Beach Boardwalk. We are proud to say that our maid service is of the highest quality. Furthermore, our office staff inspect every room after the maids have cleaned to make sure everything is up to our standards and working perfectly. We are also proud to have friendly staff providing great customer service and assistance. Our staff are all Venice Beach locals who are very knowledgeable about the area and happy to help with information and suggestions for almost anything. We have the best rooftop terrace of any hotel on the Venice Beach Boardwalk with a gas barbeque, kitchen cooking area, sectional couch, dining tables, sun chairs and spectacular panoramic views of the ocean and city. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Venice Beach and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Venice Beach and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles. The best rates are only available by booking directly with our hotel via our website (BestOfTheBoardwalk.com), phone or email.