See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We do a lot of travelling and thisplace is a rip off. Di not use. Nit even within one point. We were over charged for a cancellation we made within a few days. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2018

By far the worst hotel I have ever been. This hotel is a total fraud and we had the most terrible experience from all our traveling around the world.

9 friends went to Los Angeles and after traveling so many hours, we had the following awful incident. The 2 of us had arrived earlier than the rest and the only person from the staff was a cleaning lady and they asked her if they could leave their luggages there so they can go to eat something till I would come with the codes of the rooms and she said of course you could (you can get into the rooms only by codes which been sent to my email the same day after 3 p.m.).
The rest 7 of us arrived at this hotel around 16:30 and nobody was there, only our 2 friends. This hotel had sent me the codes to get into the rooms because as they said they don't have reception services. After we got into the rooms, a guy from the staff had appeared and said that we had infringed the policy of the hotel and our 2 friends left their luggages into a room without checking in first. Of course, they couldn't do that as only the cleaning lady could open the room. So, he asked us to leave the hotel and that the manager asked him to throw us out of the hotel (in some hours later we realized that he was the manager and the owner of the hotel).

After many hours of begging him to stay as we didn't have anywhere else to go and as it was very difficult 9 people to find a hotel in L.A. at last minute, he instisted on his opinion while changing his story, saying that we denied to check in, then that we denied to give him a deposit of 100$ (he never asked for this). Of course nothing of these ever happened and later we were informed that the real reason of all this matter was the overbooking.

After many hours trying to communicate with reperesantatives of the hotel platform (only the phonecalls costs us 100 euros) in order to find a solution, he even called the police to throw us out.

Finally, after 9,5 hours of unbelievable discomfort, we managed to find a hotel at 02.00 in the morning with availability. This awful experience costed us so much time, money and mostly phycologically.

This person was the most rude, aggressive and uselless that I have ever seen in Tourism Industry.
After this horrible treatment, I am really surprised they are still in business and mainly in hotels platforms.

AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!
AVOID this place, you are going to lose your money if you choose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Melrose Inn are totally unprofessional in how they handle their business.

Only after confirming the booking they emailed me to state that they could not facilitate checkin after 8pm and wanted me to email them over full credit card details (including name , full cc number, cvv, and exp date) along with a copy of my passport through a random email address which was not secure. The risk of sending such personal documentation was alarming and gave no security to the booking person.

Endless contacts through emails asking for an alternative secure way of providing documentation / making payment went unanswered with the property refusing to be helpful and literally just copy and paster the T&Cs which did not answer my queries.

The level of customer service was horrendous and after seeing how they treat their customers i am surprised they are still in business as it is disgraceful behavior.

Avoid this place!!!!!

Room Tip: Dont book here they are unprofessional
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Please DO NOT stay at this place!! SCAMMERS!!! Charged us $100 security deposit and told us they will refund us around 10 days after check out , and they didn’t!!! Please read the other reviews, it’s happened to many people and will most probably happen to you. Don’t be impressed by the ‘good price’ because you will be scammed , meaning the overall price will cost you ALOT more than other genuine places in LA. I’m not one to complain, but how dare they scam us, that’s the lowest of the low. Had problems since we arrived, you can literally only check in at 3, at which Melrose will send an email with an activation code, we arrived at 2 thinking maybe we can check in a bit earlier or sit somewhere comfortable whilst we wait, but no. And there only one staff on the premesis and took us ages trying to find them.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank karema1000
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

By far the worst place i have ever stayed! All staff are 1000% useless, definitely “A SCAM” couldn’t check in till 3pm after a 13 hour flight, rang the place 3 times before taking off and the USELESS hotel manager hung up on me, didn’t allow us to pay for a room for 2 hours just so we could drop bags off and take a shower, codes didn’t work for the doors. After finally getting in at 3:15pm, no one there to greet, took a shower, whilst I was in the shower my girlfriend took a phone call from the uk which was a family emergency, just as we were about to leave to head out to watch a baseball game, 45 Mins later after checking, the hotel manager asked us to leave the premises, we questioned him as to why considering we had been on the premises and room for less than 1 hour, he said guests have complained and we had to leave. No warning, no nothing, we were not load, rude or in anyway causing noise, yet asked to leave or they would call the cops, we asked for the other USELESS hotel manager to call us because we had booked these tickets, the man said yes sure, please go and then we will call you, guess what??? They never called! Got back and the man was waiting for us to collect our belongings. THE WORSE PLACE WE HAVE STAYED WITHIN THE 5 YEARS OF MY TRAVELLING
- location is terrible and not SAFE
- Staff are rude and USELESS
- Shared bathroom amongst all guests
- Toilet facilities are unclean
- security deposit for a key when there is no keys, it’s all codes on doors (that don’t work)

NIGHTMARE!

Only book if you have money to throw away

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple