3,801 results
All reviews daily grill restaurant heavenly bed century blvd taco bell starbucks coffee manhattan beach an early flight self parking free shuttle shuttle service rental car the club lounge per day santa monica lobby runway conference
Reviewed 10 June 2018

My wife and I spent a full week in LA on a combination of Business Conference and Anniversary. Most of the time was spend downtown at the Conference hotel, the Westin Bonaventure (GREAT Place), but since we had a 6:00 a.m. flight home, we decided to get a room near LAX and chose the Westin Airport location. Super decision.

When I booked the room, I explained we are SPG Members and it was our Anniversary celebration, so we were given very good rates, an upgraded room, an Airport view of planes landing at night, and even got a surprise $25 gift certificate for the evening.

The entire staff, especially the Valet, was very professional and helpful. The room was great, the bed was Heavenly, and the view of the planes was too cool!!! We caught a VERY early and quick shuttle bus to the airport and left with great memories of LA, thanks in part to Westin and SPG!

Room Tip: GREAT view of the planes landing at LAX if that's for you
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frederick W
Reviewed 10 June 2018

A friend and I spent two nights here on a short stay in LA. The hotel was great, nice rooms with very comfortable beds, well equipped gym, friendly staff (even when I caused confusion on check out, so sorry), nice meals in the restaurant downstairs and reasonably priced if ordering a small meal. We were VERY thankful for the complimentary early check in, late check out, free wifi and free shuttle bus, would definitely stay here again if passing through LA on a short trip, thanks for everything.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

The Westin is big, pleasant to look at, comfortable, but some how still falls short. During my check-in and check-out, I waited in line for quite a long time. People who had up-grades and special privileges got first service and I was made to feel like an underclassmen. Didn't realize that they get you on parking either way. Valet cost's $45 and self-parking cost $40. There is no complimentary breakfast and the rooms are very small and don't come with a mini-fridge (only on request) or microwave. Here's my quick overview: Pros - comfortable, decent price, close to food and shops, nice lobby and restaurant, very clean. Cons - you pay for parking either way, rooms and parking is tight and small, no mini-fridges or microwaves, you may or may not receive attentive and polite customer service if you don't look like/or have the privileges of "somebody". Just be ready to spend more than what you expected. I wanted to have a better experience!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Larry E
Brad S, Front Office Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Let me begin by thanking you for giving me the opportunity to meet with you this morning. I appreciate your constructive feedback and detail information about your experience at the hotel. I know there are many hotels to select from and our hotel was your choice.

I would like to offer my sincere apology regarding your less than perfect experience and overall concern with hotel services during your recent stay. I will make sure to speak with my leadership team about your experience.

Once again my accept my sincere apologies regarding your recent experience at Westin Los Angeles Airport.

Thank you again for meeting with me us and allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is part of the Starwood stable, it is conveniently located close to LAX & offers guests a 24/7 free shuttle service.
Having stayed here on many occasions I can attest to the well appointed rooms, Restaurant & Bar. The food served in the former is of excellent quality & there are a wide variety of options available.
Platinum members have access to the Club lounge on the 12th floor which serves a continental breakfast & evening drinks & canapés during the week.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I've stayed a number of times at this hotel for work, and can honestly say it is one of the worst I have stayed in. The hotel itself is nice, the lobby, bar/restaurant, poolside and rooms are all good, but the details let the hotel down massively.

Check-in often takes FOREVER! There will usually be three members of staff behind the desk, all staring blankly at the same screen, they don't seem able to check-in a customer each, have to do it in teams.

On more than one occasion I have been allocated a room that already has someone residing, or even another member of my party has been given at the same time! I have also travelled with people who have been the unfortunate ones to have someone walk into their room whilst in bed/shower, when rooms have been mis-allocated! Really poor!

Rooms themselves are ok, but the duvets need burning. On occasion I have been lucky and receive newer bedding, but sadly most of the time it has been a disgrace. The duvets may have been feather once upon a time, but now many of them are just outer sheets with lumps of brown crud inside. The old feathers bunched up in corners. Often disgusting brown colours, not what you want to see when you pull back the sheets. I've taken these to reception before but nothing was done. One colleague actually found dog hairs on his bedding, looked as if the dog had been in the bed with him!

No keycard access to lifts/floors, meaning anyone can be wandering around inside this vast hotel.

A colleague had her room broken into, and her bag removed which had inside her Macbook, passport, money. The hotel advised that the room had been accessed by someone with a keycard, meaning a member of staff. The police were not called by the hotel, nor did they do anything to support the victim.

Pool area would be nice enough, if local kids weren't able to just wander in after school. No security, open access to members of the public. There is also a homeless guy who comes in regularly. I feel for him, but it is not appropriate for the hotel to allow this. Some teens were smoking weed in the hot tub, this was reported to security but they did nothing.

There is very little in the way of amenities near the hotel, a Taco Bell opposite, McDonalds just down the road and a small Thai takeaway. Gas station not too far off, but that's it in the way of anything! It's not a pleasant area to be walking around in at night, so you are limited to the above or hotel restaurant.

The breakfast in the hotel is not great, mostly fried, a couple of yoghurt/fruit options but not great quality at all.

Food in the main restaurant is surprisingly good, good sized portions and a decent selection on offer.

Things the hotel should consider:

Keycard access to all floors, poolside areas etc.
New duvets
Security that actually care and act when incidents are reported
Check-in staff who are capable of working alone
Better quality breakfast

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business