“GOOD but expensive ”
Review of Catch LA

Catch LA
Reserve with OpenTable
Catch LA is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 11,724 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: West Hollywood
Description: ABOUT Perched above the dynamic streets of the West Hollywood design district on the corner of Melrose & San Vicente, CATCH LA is the west coast outpost of acclaimed New York restaurant CATCH, as conceptualized by Eugene Remm and Mark Birnbaum, the duo behind the EMM Group hospitality enterprise. A globally influenced seafood restaurant, with locations in New York, Dubai and Playa del Carmen, CATCH is a one-stop shop for food and beverage experiences, providing something for everyone in seamless transitions from daytime to dining, nightlife and events. With its signature open kitchen and breathtaking views of downtown Los Angeles & the Hollywood Hills, the 340 seat retractable rooftop haven invites the outside in as it blends great seafood with sushi and Asian influences and a streaming, shareable style of service with a unique, open-air dining room and elevated, interactive atmosphere.
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Went last night after being told this was the place to go in LA. From the UK and used to dining at beautiful places.

The welcome was terrible once we went upstairs. We were left standing not knowing what to do, where to go whilst a woman tapped away on a PC screen for literally 15 minutes! Didn’t even acknowledge us. Then told to get a drink at the bar, no apology that our table was late. By this point we just wanted to be seated at our table with bottles of wine not presented with the bar. There needs to be a better welcome guys! The guy downstairs was nice, girls upstairs were moody and unfriendly.
They then sat us at a tiny half-table. We barely had room for 2-3 plates. They did move us to a better table eventually though and that woman who moved us was lovely. The room was also freezing, so many girls sat with jackets and coats on with fans blasting. It made us reallly tired.

On the plus - Food was beautiful but we were recommended far too much/many dishes. Over-ordered! Our waiter was great though, incredibly informative and professional. I guess he has to up and over-sell!
Overall, very expensive for what it is. $490 dollars for 4 people with only 2 bottles of house wine.

BUT food was great overall hence the 4 stars. Should score lower but just cannot, the setting was stunning too.

Bao buns the best thing on the menu!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Visiting Catch LA last summer was honestly one of my best dining experiences ever and I haven’t shut up about it since. I really don’t know what’s happened here but I was so saddened by my experience this time round. That little magical touch has faded away. Upon entering the walkway, most of the lights were out, even over the catch sign, the flowers looked sad...all very dull and miserable

Food and service was ok, we waited 25 minutes for the table and sat for just over an hour as they can’t wait to get you out, it’s uncomfortable when they are throwing the bill at you. Dinner for 2 with cocktails cost $280.00, this is usually an average spend but when it doesn’t meet expectations, it’s hard departing with it.

1  Thank LauraJay84
Reviewed 7 September 2018

I went here with some clients who I wanted to take out for a nice treat and I was told that this is the place to go. I was a little early and had a drink at the bar. The staff was nice and very chatty. When the others arrived, we were asked to go the table despite wanting to have another dink but we understood that we had to turn the table around in 90 min so we sat down. The waitress we had rushed through the menu and asked us to order all i one go as this is then easier for the kitchen to handle. I already at that point was not very much looking forward to this dinner. We had to order immediately even though we still had to wait for one more person. I also then ordered a nice bottle of wine which was warm but when I mentioned that I was just told that it will cool down eventually in the ice bucket.
We had staff coming every other minute to ask whether we were finished and if they could clean the table. Now it might be worth mentioning that we were still eating and had lots of food left on the table. My client was then handed a desert menu which was presented right in her face while she was still trying to chew her chicken!!
We actually lost our appetite and said yes when asked for the 10th tine if we had finished. By that time there were 6 tables just around us empty so there was no problem with waiting guests.... We ordered a few deserts which were also then cleared while only half through with it.
The bill came to $500 and when we wanted to pay the waitress asked how much we would like to tip and that was our experience... food was good by the way but not very enjoyable with this service. I will never come back and make sure that if people ask me about this place I will make them aware what they are getting themselves into!

REALLY BAD

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I'm not a seafood lover but my husband and daughter are. So I didn't have high expectations but boy was I wrong. We had their grilled octopus, crispy spicy shrimp, lobster mac and cheese and broccoli in garlic butter. Service was excellent and there was a large drink menu to choose from.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Our vegan friend wanted to have a Birthday celebration at Catch. We were surpised to hear about the imossible burger , vegan and quite good i have to admit. It's a trendy place for sure , many Kardashian wannabees , Persian realtors on the phone and the odd facelift with the questionable taste of dressing but alltogethger fun for people watching
The food was lovely , the drinks were lovely , our waiter ,a fun, young guy who took care as much as he could as it was packed by the time we started our food.
The place is spacious but gets very busy and at night when i pass the place the valet is buzzing.
It's not one of the s cool places i usually prefer, but it was ideal for the occasion and that's what matters. I def recommend to check it out for a drink or have something from the menu. I hear it's hit or miss so can't really comment on that as it was my first time , but it was pleasant enough for me to recommend it to friends who are in town . And they loved it .