“Delightful experience ”
Review of Cafe Nur

Cafe Nur
Ranked #28 of 96 Restaurants in Los Altos
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

From the music to the ambience, combined with the wonderful customer service and tasty food, I had a fabulous lunch experience. I got the vegetarian moussaka and it was delicious. I’m not a person who typically likes eggplant, so normally I pick it out of my moussaka, but this eggplant was special. I was told the secret is that it’s fried! Whatever, it was good. The presentation was nice. The happy yellow walls, artwork, and music made me feel like I was transported from California to the Mediterranean. Everyone was very sweet and my food was delivered to me by a handsome man who wished me to enjoy my meal. I certainly did. As I left everyone thanked me again and bid me farewell. What lovely customer service. I’ll be back. The menu is full and there are so many things I’d like to try. The baklava was very enticing and I had to employ ironclad resolve to resist!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We ordered the chicken gyro and the lamb and beef gyro for lunch. Both were okay and just so-so size-wise. We’ve had better gyros elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

A group of 8 from work went to Cafe Nur last Friday for lunch. We had read the reviews, so we had good expectations which were not borne out. First, our beverage orders were delivered in their cans, no glasses, no ice, no straws, The waiter didn't bother to ask if anyone wanted water. My Kabob was cold. The dies of white rice was a stunner. I have never had plain white rice at a restaurant claiming to serve Turkish cuisine. The waiter had brought a dish with the entrees and just set it down on the table. When most of us were about finished he came by and said, oh that was to use with the kabobs.
I don't know how such a difference from the posted reviews and out experience could have been so different. Unlike Gregory, we won't even think once of going back.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Sweet and friendly owners always make sure you are happy. The food is authentic Turkish cuisine with kabobs, hummus, and baklava. The Turkish coffee is excellent and sipping it on their sidewalk bistro tables reminds me of our experiences in the cafes of Istanbul and beyond. They have recently expanded their indoor dining. Great lunch spot. I think they cater as well!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Bought a selection of dishes, had a few friends over to my house, and they were all very disappointed. Falafels were dry and burnt. The gyros were thin, dry and bland. The chicken skewers were over cooked, and dull... In general it was terribly disappointing...