“Excellent fresh seafood”

The Original Fish Company
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Los Alamitos
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Off the Hook offers social dining focused on a vibrant, chef-driven menu, high-quality ingredients, and a relaxed ambiance that encourages sharing and bringing people together through food & cocktails.
Reviewed 31 May 2018

All the seafood is fresh and very delicious. There is a fresh fish area where you can purchase fish to take home and grill or cook. It is advisable to make a reservation because this is one of the best seafood restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This place is large & has everything going on: a market, wood smoking oven, steaming area indoor & outdoor seating, and active bar area serving full menu. Yet, it doesn't feel like a cavern and there is an intimacy to the different seating areas. I don't know what took me so long to try this place???
The fish IS FRESH and cooked properly. Many different types of fish & crustaceans are available in a wide variety of recipes. I'm a Manhattan Clam Chowder gal and this is a go-to place for it (along with other chowder recipes, my friends tell me). I felt like I was at the best Northeast wharf restaurant as I enjoyed this chowder. We had mesquite broiled Halibut, and Monk fish, both more than exceptional with generous portions and sides. Fully stocked bar and wine list with very knowledgeable staff. Fun bar scene with TVs to keep-up with the athletic events of the moment.
We went to lunch on a weekend...fabulous and dinner never became necessary. We wanted to be seated quickly, it was swamped, so we ate at the bar --- it was great fun.
I highly recommend this restaurant and it can accommodate a special couples setting or an outing for all ages including small children.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I was a fan of the clam chowder back in the day but recently ive been in to get clam chowder and it really sucked it thin and hardly any clams in it. Back in the day it was great why now you decided to cut corners and you guys SUCK

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 10 May 2018

When I lived in SoCal 30 years, I fondly remember many meals at the LosAl Fish Company. As I am now back in the area on business, I discovered it is still there, so went back. The one thing I distinctly remember was that they were always busy, and that has not changed - 6:00 on a Wednesday night still featured a wait for a table. However, they had seating at the bar, and I got served promptly and cheerfully. Food was every bit as good as I had remembered!

1  Thank litterpicker1993
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We love the OFC. The fish is excellent. Everyone loves the chowder but if you're looking for something lighter try the Bouillabaise. No reservations but worth the wait.

1  Thank Elizabeth J