USD 160
  • Breakfast included
USD 233
USD 218
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 260/night.

USD 243
USD 297
Doubletree.com
USD 292
USD 241
  • Restaurant
The Varden Hotel(Long Beach)
USD 160
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Golden Sails Hotel(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 178
USD 156
The Queen Mary(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 177
USD 154
  • Room Service
Best Western Of Long Beach(Long Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 224
USD 195
All reviewsconvention centerrock bottomqueen marythe concierge loungeclub levelpine streetocean blvdwalking distancestreet noiseself parkingshoreline villagedirectly across the streetthird floorattending a conferencerestaurants and barsbreakfast buffetlobby bar
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We were very excited about a stay at Renaissance in Long Beach. I’m pretty brand loyal when it comes to we’re I stay and I thought I’d treat myself to a Renaissance for my 5 days at Long Beach. They’re a category 7. Which to me I expect great service. It was no treat. I’ll start with the positive and that that the bed was comfy. The lobby is hip and well done. They do have door men who normally should greet you upon entry, open the door etc. None of this was done. We came with 4 suitcases and no porter or doorman offered to assist let alone greet or open a door. But They do seem to get along well as they stand and talk between themselves. The garbage can by the door was always so full u couldn’t even put a coffee cup in it without it falling onto the ground. It’s a none smoking hotel but they are able to smoke away from the door. Instead of them having a butt post in the area there was nothing so the front areas are littered with cigarette butts and it looks awful. Not the smokers faults, they should have somewhere to dispose of them as it look ghetto upon walking up the sidewalk to the door. A very simple fix. There is a concierge desk but when someone is actually standing there again no greeting, and they don’t seem to know about simple things like a free passport bus that transports tourists to the area highlights. That should be a given in a tourist area. We were there from a Sunday to a Thursday and not once was a simple hello or a smile when walking past the front desk.

The website talks about a roof top pool and hot tub and I was so looking forward to it. The loungers and nice and clean towels easily accessible but the hot tub was dirty with litter that we picked out garbage of and that garbage was still sitting there in the evening.

The hottub needed work it was grungy. Paint peeling and loose tiles and pretty sure the filter wasn’t working as on several occasions there was lots of icky things floating so we just didn’t bother. The pool area too was needing upgrade very unpleasant. Needing paint, or repair. I would expect more from a hotel that carries a category 7 title.
I did call the main desk about a chlorine issue in the hottub as day 1 I did sit in it after picking out the garbage. I spoke with a fellow named King who didn’t even apologize when I told him I picked out garbage from it nor did he send anyone up to pick it up as later that evening my friend went down to check it out and the garbage was still there. I had a health issue I explained to King, (I won’t go into detail)he assured me he would call me back and let me know. I waited 24 hours and still got no call. I followed up with a hotel manager named Jonathon later and he did offer me a $25 lobby restaurant credit and some reward points he was apologetic for no one following up.

There is no refreshing spa water or coffee/tea in the main lobby area for guests. You don’t get the feeling that warm and fuzzy welcoming feeling at this hotel at all.

The room itself was dated, the tv had the little digital squares bouncing and rarely could you watch anything without the fuzzy boxes appearing all over the screen. the bathroom doesn’t have a fan, no makeup mirror and the lighting was terrible for getting ready to go out on the town. Just a tiny old school tub but the place did have great water pressure for a shower. I asked for an upgrade on 2 occasions and honestly I don’t think they even bothered to look just told me nothing available.

Another big issue was the homeless camp set up literally on the hotel property in a beautiful area with benches and a Starbucks sitting area for guests. It was very scary and they where there loitering and harassing people the entire 5 days. I was shocked that this was allowed to go on and that staff didn’t ever move them along.

The service Ive come to expect from a hotel that carries this name was certainly not there. If I’d stayed at the travel lodge around the corner I’d expect this type of service but not from a Renaissance or any Marriott brand. The next time I’m in the area I’ll stay at the residence or courtyard near by. My friends stayed there, every time I visited I received a friendly greeting, an opened door and felt that I was welcomed.

I’m sad to have to write this review as I really was so excited about coming to this hotel and having a relaxing enjoyable time. I have pics of the room, the pool area the garbage cans, the homeless camp but have to upload them to post.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank JC D
TeamMarriott, Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear JC D.,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your comments. We sincerely apologize that you experienced difficulties while our guest. This is not the level of service we generally provide. We have shared your comments with the relevant team members and will take appropriate action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope we will have another occasion to meet your expectations and to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellence location of the transpacific conference in March 2018. The location is perfect for enjoyment of Pine Street restaurants and Ocean Blvd.
Recommendation to stay for business and or personal travel.
The hotel staff is excellent.
Come visit and stay.
Arthur B.

Stayed: March 2018
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Arthur,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel and for recommending us. We are thrilled you mentioned our convenient location and amazing service. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We had a wonderful visit at the Renaissance Hotel. The hotel is in a wonderful location on the corner of Pine & Ocean. You can walk to all the restaurants, bars, cafes and beach. The rooms are modern yet comfortable. The lobby is hip and modern. Nice bar, outdoor patio and restaurant. The pool was warm and hot tub felt great overlooking Ocean Ave. They played cool hip music in the pool area that was nice to listen too. Workout room was big and had everything you could ask for. We highly enjoyed our stay. Only wish it was more affordable for us.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank kevrunr
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Arrived west coast after long day flying from east coast. Upon arrival was not only given an upgrade but was checked into the Presidential suite! Hotel staff are very accommodating and location in the heart of everything, theater, restaurants, cinemas etc. Highly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank purplemartin11
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Oh my........great location........great property..........great people!

Very impressed with the property! Nothing like a renaissance experience and very rarely ever goes wrong!

Location - Perfect....right on the corner with good walking distance to "everything" and close to Aquarium. Plenty of places to eat and enjoy the sunset.

Rooms - Very well appointed and clean. Enjoy the Aveeda products! mattress are almost the best!

Parking - Plenty! and self parking a breeze for access.

Fitness Center - probably the biggest complaint, quite a few machines broke down and out of order. Small with limited space. Did enjoy the fruit provided.

Club Level - Nice selection of offerings and staff was very friendly. Plenty of water!

Overall...I would come back here! Very enjoyable product!

Room Tip: Either side is fine......Ocean always best!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Renaissance Long Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Toemoss22,

It was an absolute delight having you as our guest at the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel. We believe a well-equipped room along with the amazing service and facilities sets the tone for a wonderful visit, and we are thoroughly excited to know this was your experience. We can’t wait to host you again whenever you return to this city!