All reviews convention center underground parking the breakfast area yogurt decent breakfast within walking distance free breakfast clean rooms waffle maker pleasant stay long beach area would definitely stay here again location is great attending a conference shoreline village pine street per day
Reviewed 7 May 2018

BWP Long Beach is in a great location with onsite parking at a reasonable rate. The desk chair and bed were most certainly on the high end of quality and extremely comfortable. As I was on business, the desk chair is important. The internet is also very stable. This room was very far from the elevator so if mobility impaired be sure to check the location of the room to the elevator. The room, for whatever reason, did not have a lounge/TV chair which meant either sitting at the desk or on the bed to watch TV - very odd. Overall, good 3 star hotel within walking distance of good restuarants and minutes drive to the Queen Mary. Approx 10 kms from the 405 & 710 interchange so easy access to the LA freeway system.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Q2881JEcindyh
Shawn J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Q2881JEcindyh,

Thank you for your time to leave us a detailed review. We take pride in being a Midmarket option for the business traveler coming to downtown Long Beach. As well as our location is so central to many basic necessities on top of that too!

We apologize if your room was missing a lounge chair.
Our order for smaller dimension chair to place into that room is pending.

We definitely look forward to having you again. It was a pleasure being of service.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Just what you'd expect. Nothing lavish but clean and staff is very attentive, helpful and friendly.
walking distance (10 min) to the convention center and near a lot of small cafe's and restaurants.
No hassle. the rooms at the back of the hotel border a restaurant or something with outside seating so it was noisy when I went to bed at around 11pm on Sat. But I always travel with earplugs just in case.

Date of stay: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shawn J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Yssa,

Thank you for your time to leave us a review. I apologize that our neighbors weren't being considerate of others sleep.
I am grateful to know, however, that we provide a convenient, clean and friendly stay.

I hope we'll have you again to provide and even better expereince!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Room and property clean, staff was great. But, if you're going to charge me a fee for daily parking on property, there needs to be a space for me. No matter when I return. 1am Friday night and there were no spots. Had to park on street and move my car back on to property at 6am. Also, not sure why you hold $100 for a "security fee" which is reimbursed on check out? I'm a middle aged slightly overweight card carrying AARP kinda guy. If I'm a security risk, don't book me.

Room tip: you can hear people in next room coughing and flushing. walls a ceilings must be thin.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Shawn J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear ThatGuy1957,

Thank you for choosing us in your travels.
It was a pleasure being of service and greatly appreciate your compliments about our staff.

We sincerely apologize our parking lot spaces may have been taken up. I am not sure if you reached out to our staff for assistance. Since we do allow vehicles to park along specific walls spaces in our underground parking, or our 30 minutes on the tops deck if all slots are filled.

Our security deposit is a check-in requirement for all guests as accidents do happen. The deposit also covers any incidentals from Parking, Dry Cleaning, and more if used during your stay.

We hope that this doesn't dissuade you from visiting us in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Great place to stay for a short-term or long-term trip. Friendly and accommodating staff. Hotel is clean with a very pleasant smell throughout hotel. Great morning breakfast, clean rooms and bathrooms. Beds were very comfortable.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Shawn J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Renita,

Thank you for the support! I'm joyous to know our facilities and staff were perfect during your visit to Long Beach.
If you are ever wondering, our beds are Simmons Westbury Plush models.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The room was very clean and located within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The fitness room is basic but does the trick for a quick workout. Breakfast was simple but did the trick (please get rid of the instant coffee though). There is a charge for parking and the stalls are small. Overall it was a pleasant stay!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Shawn J, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Dear Tia,

Thank you for your support and time to leave us a review! I'm glad you enjoyed our gym facilities and breakfast. I do apologize if our Farmer Brother's coffee wasn't to your expectations, however, we will take your comment into consideration.

It was a pleasure being of service!