“Large Party Celebration ”

Tantalum Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 1,188 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Street
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

20 of us me and friends made reservations everything was perfect.. arrived table was ready.. waiter was good able to accommodate everyone... food came out timely and hot... very large bill paid with no problems.. cards & cash no mix ups... drinks were good and strong a tad bit expensive... food was good.. ambience is good.. overall good place...

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Dinner with friends here last night...I was wowed...the ambiance was fun and cool...the views of the marina were beautiful and there was some live music which is always a bonus...everything from the drinks to dessert was amazing...the Mac and cheese was so good we had two orders...I ordered the halibut...not only was is absolutely beautiful to look at but it was delicious...friends orders the pad Thai...tofu noodles and the salmon...I highly recommend everything...can't go wrong! Dessert we tried the creme brûlée and it did not disappoint...

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Cool venue on the water, reminds me of Bali or Thailand. The place was busy and the conversations make the place very loud, add the live music and its even louder. That said our water was great and the food delicious. I prefer more quiet places where you can enjoy a good conversation without yelling at each other to be heard.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We decided to eat dinner here and are glad we did. We started with the tasty humus and then the Kobe burgers - biggest burgers I've seen! Of course we had to have the 'skinny fries' so we didn't feel so bad with the size of the burgers. We each ordered alcoholic drinks, but, must have misunderstood that what we ordered wasn't on the happy hour menu. We will definitely return. The view of the boats on the water and watching all the people on the water was enjoyable. Service was good.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My friend and I had heard this place was amazing so decided to give it a try last Friday night. First of all the location was really hidden in the corner of a box mall next to Nordstrom Rack. Entering was through a dark Disney jungle / tiki room atmosphere walkway. We were seated quickly and were impressed with the lovely views of the marina.

Things were fine at first, when we each ordered a cocktail - but my Southside was very small so I had to sip slowly to make it last, friends Moscow Mule was normal. Both drinks were tasty. It had been a very hot day so ordering a bunch of food seemed out of the question. We ordered a Brussel Sprout appetizer and split it - it was quite good. Then she had a very good steak tartare. I had an order of chicken lollipops - not at all what I was expecting as it was not chicken on skewers but was tiny little chicken thighs on the bone, so the stick was a bone and the meat portion was quite small. I just didn't like the appearance of them - the taste was fine. They were strangely paired with home fried potatoes!

But the service is what really dropped the rating down. Once the waiter figured out we were only ordering 3 appetizers, rather than main dishes, we suddenly became 3rd class citizens. Every dish was brought out by a different server and when he asked if we wanted another cocktail, we both said not yet - but then no one asked again if we ready for that second drink. Then when we were quite obviously done that waiter literally turned his back to us on 3 separate occasions as we tried to get his attention that we wanted the check. After kinda having to make a louder than appropriate, "excuse me" to get him to turn around he brought us the check which we had already told him to split it. Hmmmmm. Wish I could have double checked the charges - maybe he added a few bucks as a split charge for the appetizer? $76 seemed a bit high. We paid and made haste to get out of there.

The band was covering mostly 70's hits and was quite good, and people were dancing - but the noise level was high all evening and we literally had been yelling at each other for the entire meal and once the band started we were struggling to hear anything the other was yelling. On the way out we noticed lots of older guys and younger gals - so they are attracting a certain demographic, at least that evening - could have been the band?

I won't go back - too many places with amazing food and better service in LB.