I Booked this hotel from Hotels.com. The name and features sound good and the web pictures are nice but in reality this is a hotel with rundown rooms in a medeocre part of town. I stayed 2007 Labor day weekend and had cancellation cost so unfortunately I stayed 2 days:
Here are some specific issues I encountered:
1) Room not made up (was out the whole day and came back to room at 10PM & room was not made up)
2) Severe Black Ant infestation
3) Broken Lamp Bulb (fluorescent bulb so toxic mercury vapor prossibly still in room)
4) Several broken fixtures and non functional wall plugs
5) Sections of bathroom floor visibly not cleaned in very long time
Talked to hotel manager upon checkout said he would fix everything but when I asked to be compensated primarily for issue 1) he gave me the following answers to my complaints:
Item 1) "You did not put the 'Make up room sign'"
Item 2) Bug spray is available at the lobby
Item 3) & 4) An electrician was available 24 hours a day
My advise is stay clear of booking rooms on the net at hotels that are not part of a hotel chain . You have few avenues of recourse when things go wrong.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Colonial Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Motel Long Beach
- Colonial Hotel Long Beach