“Never a bad meal!”

Village Cafe
Ranked #158 of 1,189 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We have been coming to Village Cafe about 4 years. We average about once or twice a month, sometimes more. Yes, we have our favorite dishes, but I like to try different things. We have never been sorry we came here. The food is always great, the servers are very friendly and the service is always good. My favorite lately is the machaca omelette, Awesome!! But everything is really delicious!!! My husband loves the 2x2x2... the bacon is always yummy!!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

The Village Café is easy to overlook, small and inconspicuous, tucked away on a somewhat off-the-beaten-track 2 block triangle of small, ageing businesses. A retro throwback to a 50's diner, it's worth the efforts needed to locate the site and then hunt for parking. Their food, reasonably priced, is a hodgepodge of Mexican and American, quite tasty, with ample portions. Service is prompt but don't expect the staff to hang around and chat. Its a busy site and they keep a rapid pace.
This is a casual spot, great for a family, but you ain't going to impress a first date coming here.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I love the chicken veggie soup here on Thursdays, that being said don't order it all before I get there! I am gluten free and dairy free and this doesn't bother me at all. They have good tacos and burritos that you can get with beans and rice. I really like them but if you are dairy free ask for them without cheese, I forgot last time so was picking it out. The refried beans are tasty but it comes with melted cheese on top, FYI. The breakfast is good too but be prepared to wait as they are busy for this. My husband does complain they use too much salt in the breakfast food so he doesn't like to go here. But I don't think the Mexican food is salty at all, he doesn't usually order that here.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The Village Cafe is a hidden gem in the center of a triangular village off Bellflower Blvd and Carson in North Long Beach. Their breakfast menu has a good variety of dishes and prices to suit everybody. Breakfast is served on platters. What does that tell you? Don't forget to check the off-menu specials that are listed on the board above the cook's head. After a few visits, the staff starts to recognize you and your preferences. Your coffee cup has no chance to go empty. If you have to wait to be seated, coffee is self-serve just outside the front door. Everyone is special to the smiling and enthusiastic staff. Try it. You'll like it.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times now.
They have a great breakfast for a reasonable price. Food is cooked well.
It does get crowed on the weekends so go early or be prepared for a wait.