“Great Food, last minute extra charges on the bill”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #34 of 1,248 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 1996, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has been entertaining guests with a charming down-home style that's a hit with eaters around the globe. Our menu offers a number of items for the shrimp lover in all of us. Boasting creative seafood dishes inspired straight from the movie Forrest Gump and a fun family atmosphere, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. will have you running to the nearest location you can find!
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Dined at this Bubba Gumps as we were in the area with a motorhome group. We had a group of 17 people for dinner. As usual at Bubba Gumps, the food was delicious and well prepared, all of our guests were pleased with their meals. A couple of "stickers" when the bill came...there was an extra line item labeled "BQ" which amounted to $1-2 per couple...turned out to be a banquet fee of some sort. Never mentioned when we made the reservations nor at the time of the orders. Not a bank breaker, just disappointing to find a surprise like that in the bill. Since we were a large party, a 16% gratuity was added to the bill automatically. Since the server was good...not an issue but if you get a clunker of a server, they are going to get 16% no matter what. I also had s small issue with a beer order (1) took 15 minutes to get it; (2) was a large beer 16 oz, but when the bill came it was $12.49!!! Turns out that it was a 20 year anniversary special and you get to keep the glass but no one mentioned that you got the glass included. Another table noticed that I left the glass and mentioned it to me...yup, a fresh clean glass was waiting for me at the front of the restaurant...one just needed to know. It was never mentioned by Bubba Gumps staff. Just a minor wrinkle. Again, food...excellent; service...excellent; openness about extra costs...below average. Would I eat there again...absolutely.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Great environment for dining with friends and family. Really enjoyed it. Service was very friendly and worth it

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Wherever we go while on vacation, if there is a Bubba Gumps, then we incorporate it into our trip for a treat. We have one here in Vegas, but a seafood place in a place near the ocean beats a seafood place in the middle of the desert!!!

We went here for dinner. Not a long wait. Good service, good food. Kids always love the decor, ambiance, etc. (and the little gift shops!)!

My hubby had "The Jenny" and every time he orders it, it's so good! I tend to try different things and hate when I pick something I'm not so thrilled with; then taste my hubby's meal that's just mouthwatering! Not to say that whatever I ordered wasn't good; but his dinner is just that great! So, I'd very much recommend that and will probably order it myself next time!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

This open air restaurant is located right across the circle from the Aquarium of the Pacific which makes it an ideal place to gather your group before entering the Aquarium. The food was good.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Not only is the food extremely tasty, it's not pricey like you'd think! Great wait staff! The family always enjoys eating here!!!