“Clean as a whistle!”

La Bonita Inn Motel Long Beach
La Bonita Inn Motel Long Beach
Ranked #6 of 12 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2015

Wasn't to sure when I pulled up, but once I saw the room, it was so clean. And clean is an absolutely priority when traveling. I'd stay again, well priced for keeping in your budget. Property was spotless and well maintained.

Room Tip: Small room, but heck your only sleeping for the night. Felt safe!!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Bookedhere after long journey after advertised in long beach arriving there just felt like crying not knowing the area and checking near motels which were full and very tired stayed one nightwhich was the eorstplace we.ve everstayed in . The area was avery rough dangerous area theroom was a port a cabin above another one . The sheets were heavily stained had to sleep on top of sheets didn't want to put my head on pillow came very close to sleeping in the car. Wooden floor was stinking dirty do not stay here . . We drove up the Pacific Coast highway and stayed in lovely clean basic motels except this one . It is next to a truck park very noisy. It is about 5-10 mins drive from downtown long beach whichis very nice and has lots of very nice hotels and lovely motels you can stay

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This was horrible. Across the street from the truck stop, attached to truck repair shop. Barbed wire on the wall that was 2 feet from the window. No screen on the bathroom window. There was only 5 parking stalls and 1way in. I had to back out blind onto the street in front of the truck stop. There were what sounded like gun shots. Every time that the neighbors use the bathroom it sounded like it was coming through the wall. We locked ourselves in and waited for morning. We had booked 2 nights and ww were out of that place within 14 hours. No one spoke clear English. Horrible. We changed our plans and just went home. Never book this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My boyfriend and I needed an economical room to spend the night for a short layover. We were absolutely exhausted from traveling all day and just needed a bed to sleep in. Expedia represented La Bonita as an affordable option that was supposed to be only a short distance from the airport. The hotel was a fifteen minute cab ride away and was tucked in a deserted alleyway in an industrial area. When we saw the hotel it didn't match the photos we had seen on Expedia with cute flower boxes in each window--the flowers were all dead. Upon entering our room we were smacked in the face by a wave the smell of old cigarette butts. There was no option to get a non-smoking room. The room lacked a deadbolt and opened onto the parking lot, which made me very uncomfortable because of the eerie back alley location.

Our sheets had stains and hairs all over them. The floor was dirty and the bathroom was also extremely dirty. I had to use cleaning wipes before using the sink, shower knobs, and toilet. There was a spotty old looking towel to use as a shower mat and the shower itself was tiny with a shower curtain covered in mossy looking sludge. There was no extra toilet paper and the walls were so thin that we could hear our neighbors talking with our television on.

If you are looking for a hotel near Long Beach Airport save yourself money and a night's worth of disappointment and stay at the nearby Marriott or Holiday Inn, both of which are only minutes from the airport. The money my boyfriend and I spent on taking a taxi to and from the airport would have more than covered a stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RosieBananaPie
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I should have ran when I noticed the "No refunds" statement in the terms.

They state that their hotel is 2 miles from the airport and is a short taxi ride... $64 and close to 40 minutes travel back and forth, I wish I would have forked out an extra $100 to stay at Marriott.

Once we got there I felt like I was checking into an hourly rate motel. The room smelled like an ash tray, the sheets and pillows were covered in stains and pubic hair, we actually had to clean the bathroom before we could even use it.

Avoid this place at all costs!!! Every travel site should take this place off as an option to stay, so more unsuspecting travelers won't fall prey to their false advertising.

• Stayed: June 2013