“Dirty, deceptive, overpriced, rooms smell like an ashtray, I would never stay there again.”

La Bonita Inn Motel Long Beach
La Bonita Inn Motel Long Beach
Ranked #6 of 11 Long Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My boyfriend and I needed an economical room to spend the night for a short layover. We were absolutely exhausted from traveling all day and just needed a bed to sleep in. Expedia represented La Bonita as an affordable option that was supposed to be only a short distance from the airport. The hotel was a fifteen minute cab ride away and was tucked in a deserted alleyway in an industrial area. When we saw the hotel it didn't match the photos we had seen on Expedia with cute flower boxes in each window--the flowers were all dead. Upon entering our room we were smacked in the face by a wave the smell of old cigarette butts. There was no option to get a non-smoking room. The room lacked a deadbolt and opened onto the parking lot, which made me very uncomfortable because of the eerie back alley location.

Our sheets had stains and hairs all over them. The floor was dirty and the bathroom was also extremely dirty. I had to use cleaning wipes before using the sink, shower knobs, and toilet. There was a spotty old looking towel to use as a shower mat and the shower itself was tiny with a shower curtain covered in mossy looking sludge. There was no extra toilet paper and the walls were so thin that we could hear our neighbors talking with our television on.

If you are looking for a hotel near Long Beach Airport save yourself money and a night's worth of disappointment and stay at the nearby Marriott or Holiday Inn, both of which are only minutes from the airport. The money my boyfriend and I spent on taking a taxi to and from the airport would have more than covered a stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank RosieBananaPie

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I should have ran when I noticed the "No refunds" statement in the terms.

They state that their hotel is 2 miles from the airport and is a short taxi ride... $64 and close to 40 minutes travel back and forth, I wish I would have forked out an extra $100 to stay at Marriott.

Once we got there I felt like I was checking into an hourly rate motel. The room smelled like an ash tray, the sheets and pillows were covered in stains and pubic hair, we actually had to clean the bathroom before we could even use it.

Avoid this place at all costs!!! Every travel site should take this place off as an option to stay, so more unsuspecting travelers won't fall prey to their false advertising.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tpurkey
Reviewed 10 December 2012

i first look at this hotel online the plctures of the room look large and with big screen full cable acess with shower and bathtub. i was first told 275 for weekly price over the phone. when i got to the hotel the price went up to 350 weekly . the room was so small with only a tiny shower the hbo channel was a blank screen no microwave and we i told the manager i wanted a bigger room he refused to give me the room that was advertised. and i was told the cable would be fixed.ithe hbo channel work for one day and shut down again.i got ripe off!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife booked this room based on the photos and positve reviews. What the photos neglect to show you is the small strip of 10 "box" motel rooms and a small strip of parking spaces that doesn't accomidate the amount of rooms.

The rooms appear to be from a converted structure and if your lucky to score a parking spot, its difficult getting out depending on the amount of vehicles parked behind you. We had to park accross the street on a road that only has 1 hour parking from 9am-6pm. Luckly we stayed over night on a Saturday and the rule didn't apply on weekends and holidays. I was worried about leaving my car in that area due to a truck stop/gas station being directly in accross from the motel.

The manager assured me the area was "safe", but his office/living space had bars on every window. Barb wire stretched accross the rear wall of the hotel, which might be due to the industrial area the motel is located in.

I am writing this review because I believe this web site and La Bonita Inn Motel has falsely advertised this establishment. It is not worth the $85 bucks I had to dish out. The bed was hard and filled with ants. The reason I stayed was only because both the establishment and this web site refused to give me a refund and It was a night where a special event was going on in Long Beach. Most reasonably price Hotels were booked up.

Room Tip: Just a suggestion.....check the area out on google maps before booking a "cheap" hotel.