“Nice place!”

and up
Aquarium of the Pacific General Admission
Ranked #1 of 86 things to do in Long Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a journey of discovery through the world’s largest ocean at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Excellent aquarium. Quite large. Lots of exhibits. Kind of pricey, but they do have a military discount. Overall, a nice place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,578)

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Visited the Aquarium with a friend. We just loved it, and only hoped we would have had more time to spend there, unfortunately we were only passing through LA. It was definitely still worth a visit. The only thing we would hope to be better is the signs, sometimes we found it a bit confusing to figure out where we should be going next. We visited in the morning during a week which also seemingly was a good time for a visit as there were not too big crowds to get in the way of seeing things. Lots to see there.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I love to visit aquariums when traveling. This is now one of our favorites. We loved the range of animals and sea life and the hands-on experiences. My favorite part was feeding the lorikeets. We did find the map a bit confusing and the photo that was taken of us was not good - it showed all the renovations in the background, so we did not purchase it. They might want to consider using a backdrop for future pictures.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I went to this aquarium, because I saw that they had a seahorse and sea dragon promotion. I have never seen seahorses or sea dragons, and I was pleasantly surprised with the quantities that they had at this aquarium. It was a magical experience! I probably would go to this aquarium again if I was in Long Beach.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I was looking forward to visiting this aquarium but was left feeling disappointed. It did not have the wow factor that I was expecting. However, kids would love it.

There were plenty of staff on hand to explain and answer questions. Also several interactive areas where you could touch live creatures.