“Good for kids but otherwise disappointing”

Aquarium of the Pacific
and up
Aquarium of the Pacific General Admission
Ranked #1 of 86 things to do in Long Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a journey of discovery through the world’s largest ocean at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California.
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I was looking forward to visiting this aquarium but was left feeling disappointed. It did not have the wow factor that I was expecting. However, kids would love it.

There were plenty of staff on hand to explain and answer questions. Also several interactive areas where you could touch live creatures.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,578)

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Mi Familia And I also got a kick out of getting to actually pet the sea life. We try to visit this expansive learning aquarium at least every quarter, when time allows, during our many trips to Long Beach.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is definitely the biggest aquarium I think I've ever been to. It was a bit confusing walking around inside as a lot of the entrances looked similar. I'm unsure if a map was available but we weren't given one, this probably would've helped. Was really good for kids & we really enjoyed it, just found it a little pricey.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My son is a teen so it's not always easy to entertain or get him excited...we decided (I actually decided) to check out the LB aquarium and I was so impressed! There is so many interactive stations and a lovely mixture of exhibits...any age will surely enjoy this aquarium...

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This is the best aquarium I have been to! It is enormous with both outdoor and indoor sections. I love that the tanks are split up into zones so you learn what species are found where. We watched the sea lion show which was very popular - we were unable to get a seat! So we watched from an upper viewing area and the show was fantastic! We saw a sea lion painting! It's so good to see that keepers are making sure their animals are kept stimulated since they are kept in a captive environment. There are a few interactive areas for kids and adults alike. I particularly liked the shark touch pool outside and my niece and nephew liked that too. There are water filling stations located around the aquarium for hot days like the day we went and I like the fact the aquarium is encouraging visitors to reuse bottles. The gift shop is vast and there are so many lovely things in there! Will definitely be returning when I am next in Long Beach!

1  Thank Kate S