“Tiny rooms, but generally good”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Florida
“Tiny rooms, but generally good”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We had to take a stop on our way to San Diego, so we decided to stay a night at Lompoc. It's quite a relaxing town. The hotel is conveniently located on a main street next to some supermarkets and restaurants. There is a swimming pool and a small garden surrounded by the hotel rooms, so you get either "pool view" or "garden view". Although we were given non-smoking room. The smell of smoke or whatever chemical that smells like someone has recently smoked in this room before. Even being an social smoker, I have to say that the smell is quite perceivable. The suite is divided into a living room (with sink and microwave) and a bedroom. Both rooms are quite small which makes me to question their intention of being a suite hotel. The bed was comfortable and the hotel staff were very friendly. One thing to mention is the water pressure. It's really low. I feel like the hotel is trying to be too conservative on water.

The free breakfast is not fancy. You do get cooked-to-order omelet. It's definitely better than those free continental ones from Ramada and La Quinta, but I would doubt if it match the Embassy Suite standard.

Bottom-line, it is a good hotel and we were had a good stay. We liked the double-panel door a lot.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SkyTeamer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Falcon, CO
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This was my first stay at an Embassy Suites at the recommendation of a collegue. I'm glad I took his advice. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the hotel was the same. It offered an outdoor pool and hottub. They offered wifi and a business center where you could print documents if needed. There was a restaurant that served made-to-order breakfast. Sonny was the head chef who did a great job. In the evenings, the manager held a reception with free booze in the restaurant. There must have been a local convention because all the rooms were booked. i don't smoke but ended up with a smoking room. While the bed was comfortable, I didn't sleep well because of an irritated nose and throat from the smoking room. The room didn't stink but the smell was perceivable. While I had a nice stay, my collegue said this particular Embassy Suites didn't meet his expectations when compared with others. I liked it. At any rate, if you're in Lompoc, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank COfamilyman
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Rooms are dark! Would not recommend if you plan on doing any reading or work in the rooms. Feels like they took an average hotel room and split it into 2 to call it a suite. Cramped shower/toilet with sink outside in the bedroom area. Walls thin. Staff was nice & helpful.

The evening drinks/snacks was nice, and the breakfast was well done with made to order omelets, pancakes and/or french toast + fruit, oatmeal, cereals and the like. The chef did a good job keeping things moving even with a long line of people waiting for the hot food.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I loved this hotel. It's lovely on the outside, well-maintained, and the staff is friendly, with a pretty great cooked-to-order breakfast for included-in-the-price food. Unfortunately, there just really wasn't enough space in our suite for two parents and two teenage girls. Suite layout: outer living room with pull-out couch (again, very cramped once it was pulled out, and the bed was a tight fit for two full-sized young people), kitchenette with minifridge, coffeemaker, microwave and cabinets, connecting door to inner bedroom and bathroom. (We've stayed at other Embassy Suites where the rooms were only spatially separated by a half-wall, so all four of us appreciated the ability to close a door.) One TV in outer room, one TV in inner.

We walked to Fresh and Easy for both of our dinners and my husband and I really enjoyed the wine ghetto. Tip: if you will eventually need to get on 101 North, leave Lompoc via 1 South and turn left on Santa Rosa Road for a very pretty drive rather than blasting out 246.

Again, I loved this property and if my husband and I return alone while wine-tasting, I'd love to return.

Room Tip: We were on the side facing the shopping complex with Fresh and Easy, and it got a little loud with y...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2011

While the rooms are not anything special, they are not bad. 2 room suites typical for an embassy. Furniture is good quality and all items clean and functional.

As I stay here often for work, I've heard people complain about many things (as is typical in my travels). I have yet to have any problems here. Typical complaints are walls are very thin (typical for all hotels so I travel with a white noise soundtrack on my iPod), rooms have a funny smell (yes, there is a distinct "embassy-Lompoc" smell but it does not smell bad to me).

The highlight is the staff who are incredibly friendly and accommodating. Sonny runs the breakfast and happy hour. You will not find a more hardworking person on the planet. Regardless how long a line you will get your breakfast quick! And, it is delicious and perfectly cooked everytime. Same for happy hour, the line goes quickly to get a drinnk and Sonny puts out quite a spread for Happy Hour. Its usually a toss up between just eating there or eating out. Many times we just opt to eat at happy hour since his food is so good!

The pool is also nice on a cold day since the wind is blocked and you can get some good sunshine.

I will alway go back to Embassy in Lompoc as they really make you feel like you are at your home away from home.

Room Tip: top floor in one of the corners for least foot traffic in front of your room and ability to open you...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BBuffy
ESLompoc, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share you feedback. We appreciate your loyalty and recognition of Sonny and the rest of our team as we truly enjoy being your home away from home. Next time you are in town please do not hesitate to share any special requests or suggestions that would enhance your guest experience. See you next time. Happy Holidays!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
0.7 km away
Hadsten House
#3 of 10 in Solvang
29.7 km away
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast? Share your experiences!