Lodi El Rancho Motel
USD 114*
EconoLodge
Days Inn & Suites Lodi(Lodi)(Great Value!)
USD 88*
Motel 6 Lodi(Lodi)(Great Value!)
USD 104*
USD 89*
Hotels.com
Best Western I-5 Inn & Suites(Lodi)(Great Value!)
USD 146*
USD 133*
USD 200*
USD 195*
Holiday Inn Express Lodi(Lodi)(Great Value!)
USD 160*
USD 301*
USD 293*
Budget Inn of Lodi(Lodi)(Great Value!)
USD 94*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The wifi is spotty at best. I was in room 17 and barely had a signal. Also, the pool was dirty and closed.

Aside from that, the room was as expected. The blanket under the comforter was burned and stained but the bed was comfortable. I liked having the desk AND a table. The A/C was really good and kept me cool.

Room Tip: I assume that the wifi is better the closer you are to the office.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The outside of the hotel is clean and picked up. The rooms are big and clean they have refigerators in them. They have fast and friendly check in. The staff is friendly and very helpful. You can walk to down town to shop. They have fast food places not far from the hotel. They have guides in the office to give you ideas on things to do in the area. It was just a great stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are bigger and nicer. They have less traffic so they are quitter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was impressed with the managers mannerism at handling my situation. I had no reservation and needed a place while my home was under construction and was well taken care of. So comfy felt like home. Also very quiet and clean

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Although several colleagues of ours have had relatively positive experiences at the Lodi El Rancho Motel, I regret to report that we did not. The price was really the best factor here, but the overall emotional cost of staying in a dirty room with loud, violent sounding disturbances throughout the night made me wish I had spent the extra money to stay elsewhere. We stayed a total of five nights, and the experience did not improve with time. Upon entering the front office, we smelled a strong antiseptic odor. That same odor permeated the guest rooms, as well. One would think that the smell of antiseptic indicated a squeaky clean room; that was far from the reality. Dark pubic hair inside the drawers prompted me to clean them myself and then line them with plastic bags I fortunately had with me. The carpeting was filthy, with remnants of someone else's corn chip near the refrigerator and what looked like chunks of pet kibble lining the baseboard next to the television cabinet. A wad of gum was on the floor next to the night stand. I wore shoes or slippers the entire time I was in the room because the thought of stepping on the carpet was simply abhorrent to me. There was no evidence that the carpet had been vacuumed until the third day of our five-day stay. One wall perpendicular to the bed was filthy with a thick coating of dust. I do not even want to speculate what bodily fluid was smeared on the acrylic framed picture next to the bed. A long cobweb hung from the dirty lamp shade hanging over the desk. Mirrors in the bed area were dirty and smudged, and spatters of toothpaste covered the bathroom mirror; they were not cleaned until the fourth day of our stay. The sink and faucets were dirty and rusty, with poorly applied caulking smeared around them. A divider between the refrigerator and an area to hang clothes was covered in thick dust. The refrigerator door handle had grease and crumbs covering the surface. The bed was made up with stained sheets. I have no idea what substance was permanently enmeshed in the fabric; it had a stiff consistency, like wax. The box frame had visible stains which looked like blood. Screaming and yelling female patrons of the next door nightclub, who may have also been hotel guests, disturbed our sleep most nights. That said, there were some positives: when the sun rises in the early morning, the bathroom is filled with a lovely sense of morning light; a nice, hot shower was welcome; the microwave and refrigerator were convenient to have; the close proximity to the Grape Festival Grounds was handy for conducting our business. Although the location and clientele of the hotel are things which the owners have little control over, training the housekeeping staff to throughly clean each room and providing them with the tools to do so are simple changes that could reap substantial improvements. Investing in clean linens for the beds would help. Replacing the filthy carpet and restoring the bathroom sinks would also add a lot. The motel itself truly has a lot of potential. We frequent a very similar hotel in Palm Springs which successfully turned an aging facility into a very clever vintage destination. In its heyday, I am sure the Lodi El Rancho Motel was a nice place to stay. It could be again with some effort.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank japansa
3680697, General Manager at Lodi El Rancho Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

On behalf of the Management and Staff of the El Rancho Motel, Lodi, I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during the course of your stay with us in January, 2013. We appreciate your comments and feedback; it will assist us further developing our quality service for our guests. This type of information is extremely important to our business. Regarding the noise during your stay that was from the Sports Bar right across us which we have no control. Again thank you for your comments! Should you need to discuss this matter in further details, please contact me?

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I found myself once again needing to go to Lodi, CA for a few days this time. I did not have to think too hard which motel to stay at. Last visit I stayed at the Lodi El Rancho and was pleasantly surprised with all aspects of my stay from the cleanliness of the rooms to the polite and helpful employees. So I fully expected the same and was not dissapointed, I think the room I had this time even had a new coat of paint done just recently. Also the cost was well with in my means and I understand it probably is the most cost effiecient place to stay and its right off the 99 freeway...(little chance of getting lost) I am a very early morning person and noticed that even at 5 am hot coffee was in the lobby. Another satisfied customer.

Room Tip: ask for a no smoking room I suppose,,,
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business