“Great Short and Long Hikes”

Del Valle Regional Park
Ranked #4 of 61 things to do in Livermore
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Del Valle Regional Park hosts some of the East Bay's most spectacular hiking.

The Ohlone Wilderness Trail is not to be missed by hikers ready for one of the most strenuous climbs in the Bay Area. For backpackers, this trail continues along the ridge tops and valleys to Sunol Regional Park, however it makes for a great full-day hike if you leave in the morning and turn back once you reach Schlieper Rock. It departs just above the picnic area beside the West Beach. Incredible views.

The East Shore Trail, when taken from the Arroyo Rd. staging area, provides a shorter climb than the Ohlone trail but with stunning views of the reservoir and the Livermore Valley nevertheless. The trail can also be picked up from the parking lot of the Del Valle Marina for a much easier hike mostly at grade alongside the lake.

Boating, fishing, and camping are also possible at Del Valle. Camping needs to be booked well in advance.

1  Thank EBayArchaeo17
in 5 reviews
"ranger"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I've been traveling to livermore for the last 3yrs. Twice a week and it was only a couple of months ago I found out about Del Valle park. Ever since then I've been going their to sit and watch the ducks and eat my lunch their. It's a very beautiful Lake with in ten minutes from downtown Livermore. There's camping, fishing, places for the kids to go swimming. The facilities are very clean and lots of parking. If your in Livermore you really have to go see this park and lake surrounded by trees.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I have been going here for years, more than i care to remember and even remember the dam construction!

Great place to camp. though I have not had much luck with the fishing I know others who have. Lots of hiking which is especially enjoyable in the cooler months.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

One of my favorite hikes. Once you get to the top of the hill, there are beautiful views of Del Valle Lake. Dogs are fine off leash and trails are easy to follow. Gets hot in summer, go early.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 October 2016

This was our second time camping for our young family. The location is just 45 minutes away from our home! We stayed at site 65 because it seemed to be the more private of the locations, and from what I could tell, it was. Our spot was solitary and clean. It wasn't as close to the bathrooms or to the camp store as other sites, but it wasn't too far. We drove to the lake for fishing and hiking. All in all this place is cute and fun. We will probably be back for the fishing and maybe a boat rental.

4  Thank NorCalBay