“Fresh & tasty”

I Luv Sushi
Ranked #6 of 185 Restaurants in Lakewood
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 8 August 2017

One of my favorite restaurants in town. The seafood is very fresh & presented very beautifully. It's of the the best sushi places in Lakewood, so it is busy during lunch, happy hour & dinner. It's a small restaurant with a long sushi bar on one side and tables on the other side. Lively, fun atmosphere. All the dishes are excellent, I haven't tried one that I didn't like. Some of my favorites are the deep fried soft-shelled crab, yellowtail sushi w/jalapeno & garlic, and Rhythm & Blues (seared tuna sashimi w/garlic ponzu sauce).

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I love sushi ' whenever I go to visit California this is the first place I like to stop. The service is great it's quick the location is clean it's a small restaurant so can get very busy. They do have a lunch menu as well as a dinner menu. Many interesting rolls to try. They do have lunch specials. They have KIRIN beer on tap. For those that don't like sushi they have teriyaki specials also. Highly recommend for anyone who loves sushi ! My mouth is hungry looking at the pics!'

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Proprietary sauces that blend traditional Japanese with Thai. Great service, good environment and great food a reasonable price.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed it. Informal yet classic strip mall sushi diner with good food and creative options. We each ordered a cut roll and shared. The food was tasty and reasonably priced. It differs from my local sushi diner (which is more expensive) insofar as my local diner offers thicker cuts of sushi and their rolls are made with less rice. Here fish cut thinner and they use more rice. That said, it is well done, nicely presented, and less expensive. Service is friendly. My suggestion to the owner would be to add cushions to bench seating as it was a bit uncomfortable.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I visit frequently and continue to return for the consistency. Finding a seat is generally not an issue since I try to avoid the busy times. Everything seems to be in order and I have not had a bad experience in at least a dozen visits.

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to I Luv Sushi? Share your experiences!