“Delicious food excellent prices”
Review of Sage Cafe

Sage Cafe
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Lakeside
Price range: USD 25 - USD 35
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 19 June 2018

There is so much to choose from at Sage. I visit frequently and never had a bad experience. Especially delicious is there french toast with some secret coating that makes it amazing, along with their Indian fry bread and the coffee has unique favor that is tasty.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This trip we ate breakfast at Sage Cafe. Although it was Memorial Day and the Cafe was crowded the staff did a wonderful job of taking our order and bringing us hot food and a lot of it. The Cafe has a large menu that covers ann tastes.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Well, every body said the food was good. So we ordered. The turkey club was great, huge too much for one person. My friend ordered the rotisserie chicken, baked potato, green beans. Her food was luke warm at best, the chicken was dry and needless to say she sent it back. After I had such a big sandwich, we decided to share and she cancelled her dinner. It was her birthday, so it was disappointing. :(

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We ate at Sage Cafe around 11. There were lots and lots of tables available. There was three women (snotty) who said you could not be seated as they were busy. I mentioned the available tables. They said there was no staff. Well - 1, 2, 3 women with no one waiting to be seated. We waited 10 minutes. We had to remind them not to sit their friends before us.

Now, why did I rate it very good. Once you get by the unfriendly hostess staff, the food is very good. I enjoyed my beef dip sandwich. It came with soup and side - I had cole slaw. I enjoyed my ice tea. My husband enjoyed his too.

Service was superb once one got by the three hostesses.

The cafe is pretty. Seating is comfortable.

Prices are also reasonable.

Sage Cafe is at Barona Casino and is close to the hotel area.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We were surprised by the value and reasonable price at this "inside the casino" hidden gem.

Two orders of Eggs Benedict arrived shortly after a pot of hot coffee was left at our table.

Feeling somewhat guilty at the excess carbs, I still managed to inhale the entire thing. The four star rating is due to the bacon used. To me, it seemed tough. I wish we had time to sample more of what was offered. Would recommend!

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Sage Cafe? Share your experiences!